Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What....the......frak. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What....the......frak.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youtube never ceases to amaze me on all the creepy things you can upload and find there during work...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing this as a kid. Glad I can put a title to it now.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a film I've been trying to put a name to for ages and no amount of Googling has so far turned it up.

All I really remember is that it's a cheep 70's or 80's Sci-fi horror that involved aliens throwing living frisbies at people that latch on to their heads and eat their brains...now you know the kind of stuff that I watched as a child. [Wink]
I think I was 7 when I saw Robocop so was desensitised at a young age. I blame my older brothers as my earliest movie experience was being made to watch Ghostbusters on video. That bit at the beginning with the library ghost scared the shit out me and I had nightmares about terror dogs for weeks...but then I was only 3 at the time.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it "Without Warning"? I just took that sentence of yours that described the movie and broke it up and googled it and that's what I got.

IMDb database for "Without Warning"

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK it's official, Google hates me. First the Grissom's bridge thing, now this.
I think I only saw like the last 30 mins of it once way back in the 80's but I just had a quick look at some clips on youtube and it certainly looks like the same flick. Note for future reference: nobody hire me as a researcher - I suck!

[EDIT]
Defiantly the same movie, I totally remember this bit! I know it looks crap, but to a five year old, it was the most disgusting thing I'd seen. Of course my standards are different now as I have since seen Showgirls. [Wink]

--------------------

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a master googler. I can find practically anything on the internet given enough time and a full cup of coffee.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the earliest movies I remember was They Live.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Longest fight scene of all time. Still.
"PUT ON THE GLASSES!"

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If/when I have kids one day, they will not be exposed to Barney and the Teletubbies and Sesame Street. No, they'll get the same quality programming my dad exposed me to from the age of nil onwards: Ghostbusters, The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, all the Robocop movies, and documentaries on TV about human reproduction. My reading material was his old college textbooks (I remember reading about the Tunguska event when I was 4 or so) and my music was Beatles and Monkees all the way.

No wonder I'm so damn cool.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strangely enough, one of the earliest "scary!" memories I have are not of any sort of horror movie, but... wait for it... Cliff Richard.

Yes. Cliff Richard and the Young Ones. Mostly for Vyvyan screaming his head off, but the way the guys shout "LIVING DOOOLLL" still stirs memories of terror somewhere deep down.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Scared the living piss out of me. Terminator enthralled me. Go figure.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the longest time, Edward Scissor Hands scared the crap out of me. I used to think he was hiding under my bed. Scared me right to sleep, that did.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Da_bang80
Member # 528

I remember this one part of a movie whose name I cannot remember. The scene was of a large tunnel in what I believe was a space station. A group of people and a weird robot thing were running across a catwalk while a huge fireball was rolling toward them down the tunnel. Another scene I remember was of a guy getting shot with some gun that blew a hole through his middle. And he reached in and touched his innards before he keeled over. That really grossed me out back when I was like 5.

--------------------

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Longest fight scene of all time. Still.
"PUT ON THE GLASSES!"

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble-gum... and i'm all outta gum..."

Long live the piper...

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
I remember this one part of a movie whose name I cannot remember. The scene was of a large tunnel in what I believe was a space station. A group of people and a weird robot thing were running across a catwalk while a huge fireball was rolling toward them down the tunnel. Another scene I remember was of a guy getting shot with some gun that blew a hole through his middle. And he reached in and touched his innards before he keeled over. That really grossed me out back when I was like 5.

The Blackhole?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps