Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What....the......frak. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What....the......frak.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing Attack from Mars, or whatever the title was, as a kid, and crying, not only because there were people being disentigrated by ray guns, but because I thought it was sad to do that to people. I have only seen it once since.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mars Attacks! is the name of it.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, thats the one. Scared the hell out of me.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
I remember this one part of a movie whose name I cannot remember. The scene was of a large tunnel in what I believe was a space station. A group of people and a weird robot thing were running across a catwalk while a huge fireball was rolling toward them down the tunnel. Another scene I remember was of a guy getting shot with some gun that blew a hole through his middle. And he reached in and touched his innards before he keeled over. That really grossed me out back when I was like 5.

The Blackhole?
That's the one. I remember the goofy eyes on the robot.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So nobody else got scared by the Chocolate Factory, eh? How about the Wizard of Oz? Both of those movies were just so...surreal and weird and creepy. Plus, the Chocolate Factory killed all the freaking kids!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For reasons I cannot really explain, the first three Superman movies left me with a deep sense of uneasiness and dread as a child. Like, no joke. Something just isn't right about the whole world in those.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Yea, thats the one. Scared the hell out of me.

Oh my god. Stop being to bloody young, it's irritating!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Blob frightened me more than god himself when I was younger. Not even the Exorcism left me with as much dread as Steve McQueen running away from a big, living, dark-colored slab of melted jell-o.

There, I said it.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 'Time to drive the topic bus into oncoming traffic'...
What. The. fuck. [Big Grin]

talk about clueless asshats...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
The Blob frightened me more than god himself when I was younger. Not even the Exorcism left me with as much dread as Steve McQueen running away from a big, living, dark-colored slab of melted jell-o.

There, I said it.

which one? there's been several remakes that i recall (especially the one with the phonebooth chick seeing the decomposed sherrif in the outside glass)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said Steve McQueen, so I'd assume the original. As for Mars Attacks, that was funny as hell! We had a huge group back in college all go to see it, and we were laughing our asses off the whole time. The one Physics major in our group thought the funniest thing was the Martians inhaling the helium from the nuclear explosion, but Physics majors are weird anyway.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was probably "The Green Slime". I remember it was Trick or Treat nite and instead of allowing me to go, my #!@$&*)#%+# step-father, King Charles the First, decided we all had to go to the movies and that was what we saw.

The Green Slime

Its amazing what will scare you when you are 4 years old.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true, I was scared of people when I was 4. Oh wait, I still am...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I've got one. SF film, possibly a TV film, from about 1987. Aliens invade space station or space ship (if the latter, it's en route to, or orbiting, Earth). Cross between Alien and The Thing - infected people sprout tentacles etc. At the end hero and heroine escape in a shuttle and the ship burns up or explodes or something (a la Alien resurrection).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

No idea what you're talking about, but it reminded me of something for some reason which is totally unlike it. Except that it also is a "body snatchers" type thing. I think it might have been an episode of that Nickelodeon show "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" ...anyway...long story short, aliens taking over people's bodies, who subsequently being to pour coffee down the front of their pants in order to ingest it. That's really all I remember.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.