Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Celebrating 20 years of obscurity... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Celebrating 20 years of obscurity...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you still want to have 10 or 12 non-alcoholic kids? [Wink] [Wink]

I can understand drinking on a special occasion, like a wedding, but not to excess, though social drinking completely boggles my mind. There are plenty of other things to do all night with other people. Like having sex. Or playing pinochle.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had any alcohol in at least 11 or 12 years. Didn't even have any at my own wedding! (I'm not counting NyQuil or any other loopy-making medicine.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
So, you still want to have 10 or 12 non-alcoholic kids? [Wink] [Wink]

I can understand drinking on a special occasion, like a wedding, but not to excess, though social drinking completely boggles my mind. There are plenty of other things to do all night with other people. Like having sex. Or playing pinochle.

Alcohol lowers inhibitions with consumption- making sex more likely.

No experience with drinking and pinochle to share.

I've had Absinthe- after a night of (mostly) winning at blackjack and drink heavily- in Shreveport.
Worst. Birthday. Ever.
I was a heartbroken drunken sot at age 24.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NyQuil never made me sleepy, or loopy, I guess I'm immune. On the other hand Tylenol just fucks me right up.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that Tylenol w/ Codine makes me slightly loopy, but I can normally continue through my day with nothing more than a little awkward laughter. However, one Excedrin PM will knock me out for 12 or 13 hours.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tylenol 3 (the stuff with codeine) makes me break out in hives.

On an unrelated note I just shaved my head. Better to be bald by choice I say. If anyone ever decides to do it I have one piece of advice for you: Skip the aftershave! [Razz]

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have paradoxical reactions to a lot of sedatives. Valium does nothing for me, codeine makes me loopy and pain-free but not sleepy, and NyQuil keeps me wired more than caffeine does.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm addicted to Zyrtec [Smile]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm dependant on Percocet 10/650 for daily functioning....that's a blend of Oxycontin and Tylonol.
It's my dylithium crystals [Wink]

Myast hospital stay, I was in such extreme pain that they inserted a Dilutin pump- made me extremely naseous. Demoral is the shit though- injected via I.V. it's like someone very large is sitting on your chest.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

My only experience with opioid based drugs was Dilaudid. I didn't care for it too much and I wonder what addicts get from it. It made me really tired and everything looked out of focus. Granted I doubled my dosage because there were complications with my wisdom teeth being yanked. Fucking dentist left parts of my teeth inside my gums. It was pretty painful when they finally worked themselves out.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I was 11 when my doc gave me the Tylenol w/Codeine. For a sunburn. Granted, it was equivelant to 2nd degree burn, so I was in tremendous pain. Since then, I have been given that stuff 4 times for various things, probably the most painfull of which was when I pulled a muscle in my groin, felt like I was hit "there" with a sledge hammer. Although I too am dependant on Zyrtec, and now, thanks to my idiot of a neurologist, Keppra.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday... when you turn 21 I'll take you to a strip club and pay female strippers to give you lap dances til you puke from all the booze.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

My dad said he was going to do that to me. I think I'll decline though.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Da_bang80
Member # 528

What self respecting male turns down free strippers? You really are an odd one aren't you? [Razz]

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially free lesbians strippers?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.