Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » McFly!!!!

Author Topic: McFly!!!!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Universal Studios struck by fire
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn ninja. [Wink] I was about to put up the same story. The videos must have had some of Universal's earliest films on it, like from the 30's and earlier. Good thing there are duplicates though.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Flames topped 30 meters (yards), fed by propane gas from(...)"
I think that's the first time I've ever seen yards simply equated to meters in a publication like that.

This is why every piece of video in existence should be converted to digital form and stored in peer to peer networks and parasitic storage and distant FTP backups! We have the technology, gentlemen! ...Too bad about the sets though...maybe....digital copies of...pictures of them...

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they said they have duplicates of all the tapes, and if I know corporate America, those duplicates were probably created in triplicate.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and it seems the Courthouse set (yes, the one also used in BTTF) went down in the fire. A true shame.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. The title they used for the story at the bottom of the screen on Fox & Friends was "Save the Clock Tower!"
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sits quietly*

ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE JIGGAWATTS!?!?!

*resumes sitting quietly*

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they missed having some real footage for "Backdraft II"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, ever since that convenience shop selling time travel grade plutonium it's been a fire hazard waiting to happen.

I went to Universal Studios once in Orlando, it could use a serious fire and building. The King Kong ride was falling apart, Jaws well ... the shark always looked fake, but damn. And the Back to the Future ride was horrible. Not to mention the DeLorean they had on display looked like it was falling apart.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember me and my cousin would write graffiti on the walls of the King Kong ride (in addition to the fake graffiti already placed there as the ride was supposed to take place in New York). Also, I liked the Back to the Future ride. [Smile]
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I went to MGM instead. The 3D movies were great - the Muppets, Honey I Shrunk the Audience!, etc.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps