Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ship Lost...and Found after 228 years (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ship Lost...and Found after 228 years
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you thought The Core was crap, there's a new version of Journey To The Center Of The Earth coming out.
Lots of hard science in that one, I'd wager.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you compare the two?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I did say crappy scifi. I don't think Catwoman and Vin Diesel babysitter movies qualify for that. Neither, really, did Chronicles of Riddick to me; it was more like a lame jock-adapted fantasy movie with SF trappings.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean like Star Wars?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah The Chronicles of Riddick, another classic(piece of crap). How Judy Dench ended up there I'll never know. And Planet Crematoria.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus the open-air bounty-hunter ship and the art-deco building spaceships of the "Necromongers".
I saw that movie with a date and we giggled through it: the part where Riddick gets that knife was such an obvious setup, we both predicted it would be used to kill the main bad guy at the end.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the part when Riddick splashes water on himself as protection against the extreme heat on Crematoria and by the time he makes back to the other characters the water is steaming off of his skin. That's just a whole new level of over-the-topness. [Razz]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He was basting in his own juices.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a shame because Diesel is a good actor, he just seamed to fall into the same trap that the likes Stallone and others found themselves in. That is where they always have to be larger than life characters that save the world through heroics (or anti-heroics) and loosing boxing matches.
Riddick, XXX, Fast and the Furious...all crap. Not because of Diesel, just that they were shallow commercial tripe that used his presence as the main selling point.

It's always a shame when a good actor becomes successful enough to be a "star" that they can't seam to go back to supporting roles and instead get sucked into these rubbish "star vehicles".
I've lost count of how many times this has happened. In fact I can only think of a handful of "big names" that have managed to avoid it, or even survive it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
You mean like Star Wars?

No. Star Wars isn't jock-adapted [Big Grin]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm in the minority that actually likes Chronicles of Riddick. Oh well.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I never watched it, so I can't say if I'd like it or not. The general consensus however seams to be about what I thought it'd be like.

But hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'm one of the three people on the planet that actually liked (and owns a copy of) "The Postman".
I also hear some people liked "Hudson Hawk". Go figure.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps