Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Mine is bigger than yours II (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mine is bigger than yours II
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to update where those $4.80/gallon are going.

Burj Dubai - United Arab Emirates - June 2008

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It even looks like a huge mass of oil drums...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will make THREE consecutive posts with Ritten quoted in the Sig line....the Multiverse must be coming to an end.

AND

Some Alfred Hitchcock Vertigo Feeling

[ June 17, 2008, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: WizArtist II ]

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the dual cranes on the top- gives it an unearthly "Praying mantis" feel.
Seriously, they should just make it into a giant penis...with oil-drum shaped buildings at the base as testicles....possibly a gyser of oil at the very apex.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That pretty much shows that we have been screwed in the ass by the petroleum industry.

Remember, always practice safe sex.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How you find these things, I do not know...

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wikipedia, I'd venture to guess..... [Wink]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is, though, at this point in time oil revenues are such a small part of UAE's GDP; most of it comes from tourism.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean, that picture's a Photoshop edit.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The condom thing? No, it isn't, there's some festival (maybe Carnival itself) they do that for, or did it for one year.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go with my friend who goes go see family there 4 times a year over you.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
How you find these things, I do not know...

It helps to have no life...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well, I was partially right. "English: A 67 m long "condom" on the Obelisco (obelisk) in downtown Buenos Aires, to commemorate the international AIDS awareness day." December 9th, 2005. Ask your friend if he was there that day.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I doubt anything like that would be alowed in the US. Parents will complain that their kids will ask questions about it.

Just imagine a giant Trojan on the Washington Monument...
Bill Clinton will be pleased.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the page:

quote:

English: A 67 m long "condom" on the Obelisco (obelisk) in downtown Buenos Aires, to commemorate the international AIDS awareness day.
Español: Un condón de 69 metros de altura fue puesto al obelisco porteño para conmemorar el día internacional de lucha contra el SIDA

What, the numbers translate differently, even with the same unit?

Or is it that folks in Argentina just exaggerate penis size (dude-o, mi wang es 100 metros!) more than happens in the English-speaking world?

Then again, this could represent Argentinians as better lovers, because evidently its easier for them to get to 69.

Thoughts?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps