Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » General bullshit. (Page 6)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: General bullshit.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Stupid women have their uses too.

Which gives humanity SOME hope for Paris Hilton right?
Well, there are some people that just need to be stupid. Like George Bush. Who will we make fun of after he leaves office? Obama speaks perfect English, Mcain...thinks he IS America...and I think Dick Cheney is running out of friends to shoot. Therefore, we need people like Paris Hilton and David Hasslehoff to do and say stupid things that make us laugh, and forget how fucked up we as a nation, and a world, really are.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Stupid women have their uses too."

Not so much stupid thirteen-year-olds, though. Or did you just enjoy prison that much?

It's never too early to steer towards the right pathways. Start training early, like Shaolin monks.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not all of Alaska is that frigid, specially in the summer I hear. Tolerable anyway.
I bloody well hope not as I'm going there on holiday in 4 weeks.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where in Alaska are you going? I just googled the mean summer temp in Alaska, and the interweb told me that the summer averages in the inland areas from July-August are between 70F and 20 or 30F.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be cruising the inside passage - stopping at Juneau, Sitka, Skagway, ketchikan and somewhere else I can't remember....

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, then be sure to pack both a parka, and shorts, just in case. [Smile]

--------------------

-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pack mosquito repellant.
Seriously- I hear they're the size of grackles.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Menfolk with beards! (And perhaps womenfolk dealing with menfolk with beards) What kind of trimmer do you use? Would you recommend it & why? I'm in great need of one--have been for many years, actually, & am finally going ahead to get one.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

My dad uses a Remington Electric Trimmer, and that seems to work well enough. My mom got him one of those mini trimmers though, for little touch-ups. It's nice and quiet, battery powered, and small. But if you have a whole beard to remove, I wouldn't recommend it.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
I will be cruising the inside passage - stopping at Juneau, Sitka, Skagway, ketchikan and somewhere else I can't remember....

I was going to say "You should be fine. Baring any storms from the ocean." But then I went to take a look.
Juneau:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USAK0116

Skagway:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USAK0225

Sitka:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USAK0224

Not freezing, but not really Summer weather either.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Shik
Member # 343

quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
My dad uses a Remington Electric Trimmer, and that seems to work well enough. My mom got him one of those mini trimmers though, for little touch-ups. It's nice and quiet, battery powered, and small. But if you have a whole beard to remove, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm never removing my beard. just keeping it shipshape & Bristol fashion.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, you could go to a barber, and ask his advice. If it is that out of control ( I really don't have any knowledge on the state of your facial hair though), you might want him to do the initial trim, and then get one of those smaller trimmers for maintenance. But what do I know? I've never had to shave... [Big Grin]

--------------------

-George Carlin

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

quote:
Originally posted by Kosh:

Not freezing, but not really Summer weather either.

Hmph *rethinks wardrobe*

--------------------

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean the Spoiled Youngster:
But what do I know? I've never had to shave... [Big Grin]

spoketh the boy who's

A) Nuts not dropped yet
B) Qualifies for A but still has not grown chin fuzz
C) eventually will start, since he mentioned it

or

D) Will learn to shave his sack because his current/future GF [We hope GF] likes his nades smooth...

Not that i know anything about C or D that i wish to mention, unless reallt, really drunk... or it's PT season (not that i require to shave since i 'Bike' the running portion in my old salty age)

*howls in giggles, then pauses, baffled*

what were we talking about?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Viral muppets?
http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/07/muppets-unleash-more-viral-videos-onto.html
I nearly hurt myself watching Beaker's "Ode to Joy"!

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps