Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hey kids, do you enjoy video games?

Author Topic: Hey kids, do you enjoy video games?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These days I am totally into video games!

No, but, I am sitting around, wondering if anyone is playing, like, Call of Duty 4 or Team Fortress 2 around here. (True fact: game I have played the most over the past month: Diablo 2.) I've finally got a better-than-the-worst-possible internet connection, so I can now amuse myself like people did in 2005.

Well?

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a huge gamer. On top of playing all the current games like Call of Duty 4, Soul Caliber 4, Halo, etc... I have a fairly large collection of games from the late 70's to early 90's. I'm floating around the 250 mark on classic NES games alone.

I also have a full sized Mortal Kombat II arcade machine.

I played Diablo II when the expansion came out way back when (2001 maybe?) but it never held my interest as much as Starcraft has.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had any disposable income, I'd probably spend it on PC games. I don't, though, so it's just SC and D2 for me which I've had for bloody ages.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting for Fallout 3, I've been waiting for Fallout 3 for 10 years. Bethesda better not screw it up. Saints Row 2 and The Force Unleashed are pretty high on my games to get list as well.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't playing much either, or rather I haven't been playing any new games. Not to long ago I finished God of War for the PSP and now I have Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron. I recently got back into Empire at War and still I haven't finished the main story missions of GTA San Andreas.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't bought a new PC game for years, and, since the latest systems I have are PS2 and PSP, I can't get the newest games...but, I've been getting into the GTA games lately, just bought GTA San Andreas last week before my vacation.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play everything on the 360 now, because I am a lazy, lazy man.

Games played most at the moment are: Halo 3, Mario Kart Wii, and Oblivion. (And Tales of Symphonia, but that's on the Gamecube and is very long so doesn't count).

I picked up Mass Effect for a tenner, but I'm waiting until I've finished either Tales or Oblivion before I touch that.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play Katamari Damacy.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought "Call of Duty" yesterday. The original one. Seriously.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Call of Duty, and, if my computer could handle it, would buy the computer versions of the games, starting with the original. My worry is that the next games in the series won't be on any platform I own. Thankfully though, the next one is going to be available on the PS2. Once I get a new computer, I want to get Star Trek: Legacy. That's supposed to be a good game.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have COD2 which is fun as hell, I have to get COD4.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sanctity of this place has been fouled.

Many a days spent home sick from school/work have been made endurable through the grace of Diablo 1/2, but I haven't caught on the retro-wave of playing D2 this season, because I played it a lot last spring, and the niceness of playing it is still on cooldown atm.
However!  - I have borrowed Fallout 1 & 2 from a Bro, and am in the process of getting to about half of the first one as of now. I never played it back in the day, so I wanted to try them before the third one comes out.
I saw it at the comp of a Bro's, in the original 640x480, which was claustrophobic.

What sold me over was http://www.nma-fallout.com, whose two Fallout Restoration projects, massive bugfix-bundles and high-resolution patches made it feel worth the wait these last ten years until the game could be enjoyed the way it was meant to be. By not having any broken quests, nor be forced to sidescroll the screen for five mouse-pad lengths in order to click at the target with the sniper rifle.

[ August 11, 2008, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just say I have a slight Team Fortress 2 addiction and leave it at that.
Though I've recently been loading a bunch of old emulators and ROMs from the old Nintendo and Sega consoles onto my laptop just for the hell of it. Of course that required going through about a dozen "top ten" fanboy lists to find out what the best titles were on those platforms. Seriously, I had no idea what the hot console titles were back then (besides the obvious), I was too busy playing with mu old Sinclair 48k and my brother's Atari ST.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've played some Gears of War with my brother and his friends. I suck horribly and am called, I believe the term is, a "chainsaw bitch."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps