Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » New arrival! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New arrival!
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife gave birth to our third child today! Daniel is 7 pounds, 9.5 ounces. Pics here if you're curious.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baby!
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, that's magic! Glad to see baby and mother are doing well.

Thanks for that, I like happy news.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!! How old are you now, if you don't mind me asking. We really need a 'catch up' thread about how old everyone is now, what everyone's real name is and where everyone is living and what they are doing now. I get so lost.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he's 34.

Congratulations B.J.! I agree with The Ginger Beacon, happy news is always good these days.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwwrh! New person!

Has he kept that hair, or has it come off in the wash?

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Smokes- that is a big baby!
If he proceeds to grow at that rate (every nine months) he'll be fighting japanese monsters alsongside Godzilla.

Congradulations, of course- read him DS9 novels every night to prepare him for the day he first goes online.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I was around 7 lbs as a newborn. I was the lightest baby in the family, and I'm currently the biggest person in the family.

I wonder if B.J. will "train" him to become a Flareite someday... [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your mom hates you, Sean: now you know why.
Whole lotta stretchin'.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I think I was around 7 lbs as a newborn. I was the lightest baby in the family, and I'm currently the biggest person in the family.

One of my aunts is half an inch taller than I am, and the same weight. (She and I aren't genetically related, or else I'd be a lot less "wtf? where did this come from?" about being the only person in the family who's 5 feet tall.) Both her kids weighed nearly eight pounds straight out.

My own mom? 5 feet 7 and built for childbirth. And then I was 5 pounds 12 ounces (3 weeks early) and my sister was barely over 7 pounds.

Between them, they've decided the childbirthing gods must have been drunk.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Or doped up on Demerol for pain. [Wink]
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, guys! Yes, I'm 34, and actually, Daniel was the lightest of our 3 kids, as the other two were 8lbs 3 oz and 7 lbs 14 oz. My wife actually had the first two without any drugs, and that wasn't by choice. And so far, he's kept the hair (must be where mine's going!).

We were able to bring him home today. The dog (who's 100 lbs) didn't know what to think, and she alternated between sniffing and keeping her distance. Our two cats were a different story. They were around for the last birth, but have apparently forgotten about the crying! Just as soon as he started crying, they both emerged from under the bed, growling and hissing with their tails puffed out. And then these cats (who are about 6 and 9 lbs) proceeded to attack *everyone* within range! One bit the dog's legs while the other jumped on her rear, and then they tried to climb up my legs! It's just pathetic watching these tiny cats having this huge dog cowering in fear! They even scratched little Katie's toe a bit. They've calmed down now, but that's not something I was expecting.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cat was always very sensitive to babies or people with injuries. When my step-nephew was born, the cat was a kitten, and it just sat by the cradle watching the baby sleep. Also, when I had my gallbladder out and was falling dead asleep on the bed from the residual anesthetic, my cat leaped up, sniffed around the incision, and then d-e-l-i-c-a-t-e-l-y laid down in a place she wouldn't hurt it.

It's funny because up until then she just leaped right up onto your nuts every time, and here she avoids causing pain [Razz]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps