Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Another Seattle Flare Meet-up?

Author Topic: Another Seattle Flare Meet-up?
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I ended up moving to Seattle instead of Portland. It's been a hectic three months since I've been up here -- job searching, moving around, a funeral in LA, and wedding in Houston. Things have finally settled down enough for me to put another Flare meetup on my plate. We had mentioned summer after the last one because Simon got snowed out -- so I figured we should probably try again before the weather gets too cold (it's barely the end of August and already the weather's getting rainy and cold again - WTF?).

So, Charles, Simon, and anybody else who is up for it, please raise your hands. Jonah is out of town until Sept 10 or so, but his schedule is pretty open.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

I was actually going to be in Redmond this weekend, in theory, but then I wasn't.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one else? I assume Charles is in on this and just hasn't responded?

Simon: by the way, I'm now working for the Seattle Times as a temp. We're like, in sister companies or something.

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Waves at Diane)

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

Hi Kosh [Smile] .

--------------------

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey -

Sorry, won't be as far N as Seattle. But give us a ring if you make it back down to Portland at some point.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

Hey there Mike. I was actually in Portland three weeks ago, but I was visiting a friend and was pretty busy all weekend. I'll definitely let you know next time I'm there.

Simon - I chatted with Charles and Jonah, and we thought we might make a day trip to Yakima instead of you driving out to Seattle. What do you think? What is there to do in Yakima?

And you know this means you wouldn't be able to get out of it, right??

Tentative date is Saturday, Sept 27.

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn you Washington bastards ... I'm here in Colorado.

Eh, fuck it, once snow season starts I plan to be snow boarding every weekend.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: Me too! (At least for the Colorado part, not so much the snowboarding. My ankles and I disagree on the merits of skiing and snowboarding...)

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

Eh. I'm really a big fan of snow. [Razz]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps