Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Don't take up magic if ya can't read... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Don't take up magic if ya can't read...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

(Go here to read ALL the comics: http://www.sluggy.com/

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Necronomicon For Dummies", perhaps?

[saw a joke book-cover for that at a Con in February]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ROTFL!*

Now that oughta be a best-seller, especially for characters in [Obscure Reference Proximity Alert!] "Call of Cthulhu".

--Baloo

------------------

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Necrocromicron, I think........ and don't even joke about that. That's all we need are a bunch of Dummies understanding a book that evil.... *SHUDDERS*

------------------
"It is important to get up when you fall...for this much I know to be true: That thing we call Failure is not in the falling down, but the staying down."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a movie so funny.

------------------
"Have you ever seen a bloody egg? Glass in hand, laying up in bed?"
--
They Might Be Giants

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, scary.

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ai-ii! Ai-ii! Cthulhu ftaghn!

Necronomicon? Lovecraft's, or Abdul Al-hazred's? Or the older one? You know, if you stare at the writings of the old book long enough, they become legible in whatever language you can read... of course you also experience a marked drop in mental stability.

Anahl nathrac doosvaal diembhe. Phibion on. Quibbian quibbian kel. Bax quibbian.

(if you understood any of the above, you know too much.)

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*the hair on the back of her neck starts prickling*

------------------
"It is important to get up when you fall...for this much I know to be true: That thing we call Failure is not in the falling down, but the staying down."

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey First, I'm starting to get scared.

So I'll reply: Cree Cruu Weeregos Kellif Calto Cree.

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BURN THEM, BURN THEM ALL

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell are you people talking about?! I feel like I've stumbled into the middle of The Lord of the Rings[/i]... *L*

------------------
"Essentially, a great rock in space."
-Spock, describing the Regula planetoid, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited August 01, 1999).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You haven't seen anything yet...

Did I mention my hobbies include finding out "Things Man was not meant to know?"

Minor discoveries:

Nyaralthotep isn't so bad, once you get over the smell.

Cat's eye marbles are good for more than just playing marbles.

There's something big, old, and powerful at the bottom of Lake Erie, and it DOESN'T like being bothered.

The United Methodists don't know jack about Jumonville's ghosts, despite the fact they've run a camp there for decades.

Some folks just don't die.

Jewish vampires are NOT repulsed by a Star of David.

There are letters after 'Z,' but humans find the sounds difficult. Especially the vowels.

(One of the above is a fib. Guess.)

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited July 30, 1999).]

Jubilee
Member # 99

*shudder,shudder,shudder,shudder*

And there is happening, as we speak, a great war... the end of which will decide wether evil or good shall reign supreme.

And the ghosts living in my house have suddenly become silent. But I don't know if that's just because I've stopped listening.

Now stop scaring the forumites before I have to really scare them by casting a protection spell in here. And dont' think I won't do it.

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

[Checks sanity.]

73? 73?!?

Hey! It was 95 just yesterday!

Alla youse guys shuddap with the spell-speak, huh?

------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly IS that green smiley you've got there, Baloo?

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps