Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Rant about the news. Witty title not found. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rant about the news. Witty title not found.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MSNBC, in another show of media buffoonery, interrupted election coverage during a war when the economy is tanking and the stock market is recovering wildly...

...to tell us that a polar bear had fallen in a moat...

...and was unhurt....

...in Milwaukee.

Who, the fuck, cares about a uninjured polar bear that fell over in Wisconsin?? This is the national news for God's sake. For some reason this really appalls me.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to America.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just turn the channel I've quit watching the nws for the most part.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm not really surprised...maybe the news casters were in dire need of something other to cover than a shitty economy, or politics.

While we're ranting about TV...

I noticed today, that Dish Network has an Obama channel. No joke. That bugs me.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fisting Channel. 5 Knuckles of deep, deep, feeling. Is it in you?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's also setting up a 30 minute show on the major networks. Hopefully it's a variety show. [Razz]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm a tad appaled that there is almost NOTHING on Palin's little "abuse of power" report.
Seriously, it might be just me (or my local papers) but the story was page two or three with zero follow-up.
If it'd been Obama's sister's consin's hairdresser it would be 24/7 coverage.

It also pisses me off that, while you can tell they know, the media are not pointing out how full of shit McCain is this week as he calls "for clear and transparant regulation of Wall Street" after he's spent the last 20 years trying to abolish such oversight.

Also amusing are the people at McCain's rallys that show their ignorance by screaming "terrorist!" and "kill him" when Obama's name is mentioned...it's becoming a very scary bunch of ill-informed people with a mob mentality.
McCain actually got booed by his own supporters when he tried to correct some lady who said she "could not vote for Obama because he's a muslim" .
Booed at his own rally- his own supporters demand he attack his rival: they want blood...er...action!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shows you how stupid the Republican party are... er... can be.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was/is/will be.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"McCain actually got booed by his own supporters when he tried to correct some lady who said she 'could not vote for Obama because he's a muslim' ."

Arab, not Muslim. And, as I recall, they didn't boo after that one. It was when he corrected the guy who said he was scared of raising a child under an Obama presidency.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mm. Mob mentalities, rampant ignorance and fear, violence, hate, too much government regulation of private matters, too much power in the hands of one man and one branch...isn't this usually the point where empires fall or begin to decline? [Wink] End of the road folks, everybody off... [Wink] )
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry guys, when the Canadians finally step up and annex the US there will be a Caribou in every garage and bi-level igloos to keep the homeless out of the cold. I just hope you don't mind that your taxes will go to the nearest indian reserve so they can buy a new Ford van after they trash the old (2 years) one.

Welcome to Canada, bitches.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, I'm a tad appaled that there is almost NOTHING on Palin's little "abuse of power" report.

The report was supposed to be bipartisan, but the republicans all disagreed with the report and said so publicly.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Palin-Troopergate.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

quote:

After a court fight to block the report failed, the panel of lawmakers voted to release it -- though not without dissension. The panel did not vote on whether to endorse its findings.

quote:

''I think there are some problems in this report,'' said Republican state Sen. Gary Stevens, a member of the panel. ''I would encourage people to be very cautious, to look at this with a jaundiced eye.''

quote:

Under Alaska law, it is up to the state's Personnel Board -- which is conducting its own investigation into the matter -- to decide whether Palin violated state law and, if so, must refer it to the Senate president for disciplinary action. Violations also carry a possible fine of up to $5,000.

Hopefully the Personnel Board will get her.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

More charges added to Palin investigation
The second charge, that state trooper Mike Wooten’s personnel file was illegally breached by state officials is a doozie- considering how Todd Palin harassed him from the govonor's office.
Not that 'ol Todd is in any way an elected official of Alaska or has any fucking right to pressure anyone or to make such calls from Gov. Palin's office (documented calls here).

I wonder who this Personnel Board answers to and who appointed them?
Probably political suicide to go after the Palin or her husband....which is likely why palin wanted them to be the only ones investigating the matter.
And, of course, that their report will be released looong after the election. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!!!! Is the poor polar bear ok????

Regarding the breaking newsiness, Olbermann mocked it on Countdown.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps