Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Length of the Defiant

Author Topic: The Length of the Defiant
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I don't want to start a discussion on the topic, but can anyone find me the link to the thread where is was initially 'debated' (using the term in it's loosest sense!).

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was on a previous version of Flare, since the earliest mention (almost 10 years old) I can find shows that it was infamous even then. And it seems this version of the board was created only 16 days before that thread.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I think that discussion started way back in the Behaviour/UP days. Before my time.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were good times.

I remember RW, but it's been a long time. I've forgotten his name, Rutger I think. Haven't seen Siggy since I've been around this time, nor Frank. I passed an E-Mail or two with Elim some time back.

Does Daryus still post here?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a trip to the Wayback Machine is in order...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still talk to Siegfried on a regular basis. Elim is in Manchester doing his PhD (he & I went to the same uni here). Hear from Frank once in a while, too.

They're all on Facebook. [Wink]

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking someone here had got me in touch with Elim. That was you. Tell the Pompitus Of Love i said high!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you'd have to go back at least ten years - I can't recall any especially heated debate on the subject from the original UP WWWBoard (although I could be wrong, and I'm sure a look at the pages available on the Wayback Machine will sort it out once and for all - even if the individual pages aren't accessible, a list of topics and how many replies they had will give you some clue). For some reason when I think of the argument, I can see the dreaded numbers 120 and 170 in the font used for the board when Charles took over running it, which would be 2nd quarter of 1998. EnterForum-B or-C perhaps.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 120m, except in "Call to Arms."
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, come on, we can all be nostalgic for the good old days! I can't remember the last time I had a good starship technology debate.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I'm sure we'll all have lots to talk about after ST XI...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps