Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » LOL I CAN NOT READ USER AGREEMENTS AND AM AN IDIOT

Author Topic: LOL I CAN NOT READ USER AGREEMENTS AND AM AN IDIOT
Captain Picard
Member # 2142

- posted      Profile for Captain Picard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello [Smile]

My name is Frederic and I am an avid trekker from Germany. But I've got problems with the Flare forums. Why?

In Germany, our Internet providers simply don't give us emails. So what we have to use is freemail. For some odd reason which I cannot comprehend at all and I find highly illogical, you do not accept people with freemail.

Why?

You see, I actually purchased a domain to be able to register here. This domain runs out in a week, and unless you allow freemail till then I really cannot use the Scifi Flare forums.

I think that's a bit unfair, and I can see simply no reason at all for why to ban freemail accounts.

In other words, you owe me €5 because of your freemail fascism.

Please help me ASAP.

Kind regards,

Frederic, alias Captain Picard.

[ February 21, 2009, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

--------------------
Also known as Friedebarth

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I sincerely hope you're joking here, because nobody owes you shit. Nobody forced you to buy a domain and post here.
Captain Picard
Member # 2142

- posted      Profile for Captain Picard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure that was a joke. I just forgot the " [Big Grin] "

[Wink]

--------------------
Also known as Friedebarth

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you read the user agreement?

quote:
Note: If you do not have an ISP-issued email address, and have no friends with personal domain names that can give an address to you for your own personal use, drop a mail to flare@solareclipse.net explaining your situation, and I'll probably make an exception for you. Be sure to include the phrase "new registration" in the subject of the mail, otherwise it might get lost in the spam filters.
There. Problem solved, with no "freemail fascism".

Oh,and welcome to Flare. [Smile]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The freemail ban comes from the days when we were actually a more vibrant community, and were subject to trolls. Free email addresses simply permit people to register over and over.

Also, please read the user agreement. Again. Let me make it a bit more obvious, just in case what was already pointed out didn't make sense.
quote:
Note: If you do not have an ISP-issued email address, and have no friends with personal domain names that can give an address to you for your own personal use, drop a mail to flare@solareclipse.net explaining your situation, and I'll probably make an exception for you. Be sure to include the phrase "new registration" in the subject of the mail, otherwise it might get lost in the spam filters.
Emphasis added.

Also,
quote:
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ha.

I won't ban you for that, but I hope you enjoy the new topic title.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Looks at new member's screen name*

"That's a big song, momma." I hope you can live it down, but you chose a really hard way to introduce yourself to us.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the feeling he won't be back...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be some awful ROI. 1,67 € per post? Pfft...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.