Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What I've been up to (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What I've been up to
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a long time since I've posted anything serious, but I figured that you guys would appreciate the news I have to share. [Wink]

Three years ago or so, I met a wonderful woman, Marcy. In August, I asked her to marry me, and she said yes. [Smile] The wedding was scheduled for March 21, but we're not sure if we'll be able to pull off a decent ceremony by then. Anyone know much about "last second" wedding planning? We fail at it.

But that's not the biggest news. She's pregnant, with a boy. The due date is June 3. Understandably, I'm a little nervous, but it's a happy nervous! Here's the second ultrasound image, with him proudly advertising his gender at the top. Yeah, really. I'm going to be embarrassing the hell out of him with that one in a dozen years or so...

And thus the most important things that have been going on when I'm not here. Which is most of the time. [Wink]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh congratulations! My sister's having a kid too.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's wonderful news, Charles! Thanks for sharing that with us, and I wish you all the best.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, the big bearded floating head is SPAWNING!!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Dradus contact!

Congratulations.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With that timing, it's not technically a shotgun wedding, but you can't back out now! [Big Grin]

Seriously, congratulations!

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
With that timing, it's not technically a shotgun wedding

Indeedy, which is why I make sure to note the timeline when people ask. [Wink]

Thanks everyone. [Smile]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Charles!

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray for Charles and his missus!

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Anyone know much about "last second" wedding planning? We fail at it.

Vegas.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to the both of you Charles.

Does he have a name?

Here's hoping he has his Mothers eyes, I.E., only two.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother went and got married in Vegas last june, they thought it was fun. Cheap and corny, but fun. They do want to have a second wedding and reception here in sweden too, though, for the sake of the Families.

Yes congratulations!, on the hitch and your new justification for existing. Coincidentally, my brother and sister-in-law is expecting a baby next week, I'll be a real uncle at last. The have no idea as to gender and they like to keep it that way right up until the explosion.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Charles! OMG! Congratulations on both announcements!!

I think I saw a beard in the ultrasound pics. [Wink]

Galaxy
Member # 2144

- posted      Profile for Galaxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
It's been a long time since I've posted anything serious, but I figured that you guys would appreciate the news I have to share. [Wink]

Three years ago or so, I met a wonderful woman, Marcy. In August, I asked her to marry me, and she said yes. [Smile] The wedding was scheduled for March 21, but we're not sure if we'll be able to pull off a decent ceremony by then. Anyone know much about "last second" wedding planning? We fail at it.

But that's not the biggest news. She's pregnant, with a boy. The due date is June 3. Understandably, I'm a little nervous, but it's a happy nervous! Here's the second ultrasound image, with him proudly advertising his gender at the top. Yeah, really. I'm going to be embarrassing the hell out of him with that one in a dozen years or so...

And thus the most important things that have been going on when I'm not here. Which is most of the time. [Wink]

I don't know you, as I've only just registered, but congratulations all the same. Marriage is big enough on its own, but a baby on the back of it? You're in for an interesting ride!

As for last-minute plans, just remember: in the panic and pandemonium, don't get your stag night confused with the wedding day and mistakenly book the strippers for the church. It can only end badly...

--------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.