Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What I've been up to (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What I've been up to
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Charles! Congradulations on, well everything.

Really great news about having a boy- you can name him either "Jason" or maybe give him "Abbadon" as a middle name- just to throw off those teachers that call you by your whole name during rollcall.

Too bad that Trek Experience went bust- you could have geeked out...

I'd seriously reccomend going to a national park- Yosemite would be my own preference- and having a nace small ceremony/honeymoon in nature's grandeur.
It's incredibly beautiful there and inexpensive while not in any way being cheesy or cliche.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that's great Charles! Congratulations!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Galaxy:As for last-minute plans, just remember: in the panic and pandemonium, don't get your stag night confused with the wedding day and mistakenly book the strippers for the church. It can only end badly... [/QB]
Or like an episode of Benny Hill!! *cue Yakkity Sax music*
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know what's a really good name for a boy?

Liam.

It is.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, perhaps, maybe, you might be biased.

Actually, we're pretty much settled on Wesley at this point.

No, really. Well, that or Justin, but I'm not fully sold on that one.

See, girl names are easy. Stupidly easy. We had a dozen of them already picked out. Unfortunately we have diverging tastes on boy's names, and the list of names we both don't dislike became extremely short. The additional complication is that the middle name is going to be her father's name, Dale. What the hell goes with Dale?

There's a chance, a slim chance, that she might relent and allow him to be named Edward, as I'd prefer, but I doubt it. She's more stubborn than me.

Also, the wedding is on Saturday. We're doing a small civil ceremony in Portland.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
What the hell goes with Dale?

Aire?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck's sake, man!
WESLEY?!?
You know how many "Save the ship" jokes he'll have to endure before going all nutty and going off with some creepy touchy-feely "traveler" guy?

I think Jason Liam Capps sounds just fine.

You wat else works great as a name?
Agamemnon. Really- ask your wife: she'll be thrilled.
"Agamemnon Capps"- just has super badass written all over it.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, what, Portland? I thought you lived in WA?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever he tells anyone his name is Justin Capps, he'll get asked if it's OK to put it in lower-case. . .

Wesley Dale Capps? That's a guy getting the nickname "Cheese" at school, right there.

I have so far been unable to convince my wife that if we have a son, his middle name should be DeForrest. Not his first name, mind, I'm not unusually cruel (unless I want to be). Boy's names are much harder, we have a long list of girl's names.

I can't think of any boy's names I've seriously contributed to the list. Some my wife has put forward and I've vetoed:

Justin (!)
Duncan ("Donuts!" was my riposte to that one)
Gregor (pointed out it was the name of the actor plays Rab C. Nesbitt who she hates)
Angus (I mean, really)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Married tomorrow? Boy, you move fast.

I'm nowhere close to tying the knot however. Man, I'm becoming a creepy old man....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleh... if we're gonna recommend our own names ... Alexander Capps.

Angus. Well unless you're Scottish it's hard to pull off. Hell even MacGyver never used it and look how cool he was. He wouldn't need to kick Chuck Norris's ass, he'd just make a bomb out of a pumpkin, zippo lighter, silly putty, and a toothbrush.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing about Wesley... I don't expect any of his peers to know what TNG is, no less the young mister Crusher.

quote:
Wait, what, Portland? I thought you lived in WA?
We do, but she's from Portland, and the various parents live in the area, so we figured it'd be more sane to do the ceremony down there, so they don't have to travel far.

quote:
Alexander Capps
This is actually another one of my faves, but she also vetoed it. Arg!

Better than some of her options. Aiden. *twitch*

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should point out just how close that is to Wensleydale, like Lee says.

What about William? Still trek-y. Or there's James (adding to the self refferencial list), Leonard, Pavel (see the theme here?). Edward is a good name - lots of non-derrogatory nicknames, and Edward Dale Capps? Kinda works.

Thinking about it, it's such a huge decision. As long as you don't call him Dwane, or Wayne or something chavvy, the kid will be fine, I'm sure. Even Wesley - no self respecting chav would be called Wesley, so you're fine there.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, Wensleydale is not a well-known cheese in the US. You might be able to find it in the artisan cheese section, but it's most likely not something elementary or high schoolers would know about.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Whips out the seldom-used twin chroniton torpedo launchers*

Everyone just back off. If our illustrious leader chooses to name his firstborn after yours truly, then we should all just let him.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps