Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Most Useless Wii accessory ever....

Author Topic: Most Useless Wii accessory ever....
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.... not to mention the most dangerous....

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/is-this-the-most-dangerous-wii-accessory-so-far-/1328813

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should check out the Wii controllers shaped as weapons.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/six-wiierd-peripherals/six-wiierd-peripherals/1285118/4

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realise I'm not up to date on the latest developments in the gaming market, but exactly when did Nintendo become Fisher Price?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When they gave up trying to compete with "adult systems" like the PS3 and Xbox 360, and somehow shifted to "casual gaming", which apparently translates to making the player look more and more like a retard. To be honest, I've never understood the appeal of virtual games that force you simulate real acts. Pretending to a play a guitar on shitty piece of plastic with buttons? Why not just learn to play a real guitar? Even if you sound like crap, at least you had the initiative to try the actual instrument.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family got a WIi for christmas...and I've been itching to try out Wii-Music. The violin attachment looks intriguing (Mars's link)...even though I could get out my own violin and make actual music just as easily...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
When they gave up trying to compete with "adult systems" like the PS3 and Xbox 360, and somehow shifted to "casual gaming", which apparently translates to making the player look more and more like a retard. To be honest, I've never understood the appeal of virtual games that force you simulate real acts. Pretending to a play a guitar on shitty piece of plastic with buttons? Why not just learn to play a real guitar? Even if you sound like crap, at least you had the initiative to try the actual instrument.

EXACTLY the argument I made in that thread about the kid that was quitting high school (with parental consent, IIRC) to play Gutiar Hero in some championship.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking as someone who used to play guitar (and the violin for that matter) I dare say that pushing buttons on a piece of plastic is a lot easier, cheaper and much less painful to pick up and if a kid has a chance of winning a tournament, any kind of tournament, then best of luck to him.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Wii just for the sake of having one in my video game system collection and I tend to use it more for playing NEO GEO games on the Virtual Console than I do any of their ridiculous first party games.

It's nice that Nintendo has been able to create their own market share this generation unlike the last one where they took a huge bitch slap from Sony and Microsoft, but their efforts have somewhat alienated their veteran supporters.

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the guitar hero subject, I can confirm that playing some of the tunes is easier on the real guitar than in the bloody game. If people are so into it that they're playing it for hours, that time would undoubtedly be better spent learning the real thing. I suppose if it gets even one kid to pik up a real guitar who otherwise wouldn't have, then it's a boon.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Speaking as someone who used to play guitar (and the violin for that matter) I dare say that pushing buttons on a piece of plastic is a lot easier, cheaper and much less painful to pick up and if a kid has a chance of winning a tournament, any kind of tournament, then best of luck to him.

Yes, but you got that Violin Hicky that you probably said was from some girl. [Wink]
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding Guitar Hero/Rock Band. I have GH2&3, and RB1&2, and they're a lot of fun to play. Especially with a group of friends. I remember once, shortly after GH2 came out a myself and four other friends played until like one in the morning playing and drinking. Somehow the drinking made it more fun, yet made us play worse.

As for the Fisher-Price Wii, I couldn't agree more. They definitely are going for the kiddie family friendly genre. They even make special versions for Nintendo. Like with the Ghostbusters game. On 360 and PS3 it's realistic while the Wii uses a cartoony style.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps