Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » He sells, he yells, and now, he's dead.

Author Topic: He sells, he yells, and now, he's dead.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Mays...

I'm actually a bit more torn up over this than I am over MJ's death. [Frown]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you shitting me...
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wait, there's more! ...Actually not.

This guy made the most ANNOYING commercials. His shouting didn't make me any more likely to buy the stuff he was pitching. Quite the reverse, actually. Thank goodness for the mute button!

I have this hilarious mental image of someone secretly placing a loudspeaker into his coffin. He never shut up in life, after all...

(I know, I'm horrible...)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess the Slap Chop Guy now reigns supreme.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I refuse to believe that. Anthony Sullivan is still alive, so Vince-the-Headset-guy doesn't need to enter the picture yet. If anyone's annoying, he is...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they bury him in a Shamwow shroud- to absorb his juices, of course.

I can see a pre-recoreded will:
I'm Billy Mays for the Oxi-Coffin! Friends, are you tired of worms and bacteria eating your loved ones after death...?"

A modern day carnival barker, that one.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Receptionist at our office said "Hey, did you hear, Willie Mays died at age 50." I explained that it couldn't be Willie, she called me later and said "It was Billy Mays"

At least she is pretty.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really know the guy - but a quick check on youtube - I saw him on Conan just last week! WTF!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg Billy Mays dead? I saw him just a few weeks ago on Youtube, ordering a drivethru megabreakfast from Mcdonalds.
What could possibly have made him pass away before his time like this!?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heart Disease, according to today's paper.
He seemed to be a high-stress sort of fellow too- a bad combonation.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heart disease, plus cocaine. Figures.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just heard John Hughes (of Breakfast Club fame etc.) died.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cocaine, eh? I'll be damned.

I just didn't like him because he seemed like a toolbag who yelled far too much. I hated his commercials and would mute or turn, and probably harbored secret fantasies of Chuck Norris seeking him out to declare the One True Beard in combat.

At his death, I was almost feeling bad for such loathing, until I heard the story as reported in the press that even during his wedding he started pitching some crap product to the guests, not as a joke either. It was then that I knew he was a complete and utter tardsack of the first order.

The cocaine use just adds to that. Truly, a useless human being.

Now if only we can get rid of that prostitute-punching dingos-ate-my-alien-space-baby freakshow known as Vince "Offer".

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Vince is an ex-Scient... erm, ex-Happyologist (got to avoid the vanity-googling lawyer brigade, now), and gives most of the money he earns hawking his crap to groups that fight the "Church." Between that and the fact that my sister's an infomercial junkie whose dog is what we call a "fear-pisser", I'm buying some ShamWow for my sis for Christmas.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
my sister's an infomercial junkie whose dog is what we call a "fear-pisser", I'm buying some ShamWow for my sis for Christmas.

My sister used to have one of those- she'd just atke it outside every couple of hours, clap her hands loudly and the dog would pee as if on a remote.
Another type of animal that selective breeding has royally fucked up.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps