Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Pat Robertson's at it again. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pat Robertson's at it again.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You giys see this asshat's latest hate-rant?
He says that Hatians made apact with Satan for their freedom waay back and are paying for it with hurricanes, famine and this latest earthquake.

As most Hatians are christians, I'd expect some backlash but Robertson gets away with damn near anything it seems.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is this guy even allowed in public, again?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isaiah 32:2 says that leaders among God's people should be (among other things) "a hiding place from the wind." This guy's plugging in the wind machine.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's Pat Robertson? Or do I not want to know?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He's considered a holy leader in the country of USA (located somewhere between Canada and Middle America), Robertson espouses an offshoot of Judaism called Christianity. He's famous for promoting xenophobia, nationalism and superstition. Preached that Judgement Day would come in 1982 and the faithful would be saved. Tried to run for president in 1988 (taking matters in own hands?).

He's part of a group of domestic traitors who openly wish for more terrorist strikes against the US, with reasonably high US death tolls ("You know, bodies, fires, that kind of thing" -Bill O'Reilly jan 2010), just to put a thorn in the eye of their president (and increase their own influence, side bonus).

[ January 14, 2010, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
quote:
He's considered a holy leader in the country of USA
That *really* depends on who you ask.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy's an ass. He's said something similar about Pennsylvania when they were hit with a hurricane, saying they were straying from God and the hurricane was a result of that. I also saw his program the day he said that Hugo Chavez should be assassinated, and while I'm not a fan of Chavez, calling for his assassination isn't really something I picture an alleged man of God would say.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I'm hardly an expert on laws and statutes (even less so for foreign countries) but isn't incitement to murder a criminal offensive?

But thanks, I think I get the picture now.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
he said that Hugo Chavez should be assassinated

Just like Jesus used to do... [Roll Eyes]

My guess is that saying someone *should* be assassinated is legally different than telling, asking or paying someone to actually do it. Plus, Chavez isn't a U.S. citizen, so who's going to prosecute him? I'm sure he won't be making any trips there in the near future though.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the same jackass that said 9/11 was God punishing the USA for it's tolerance towards gay people- he said that God's blessings had been removed for...well loving thy neighbor and judging not and all sorts of un-Christian stuff.

But I have to point out that he makes money off this shit and several "conservative" politicians accept contributions from him.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is the same jackass that said 9/11 was God punishing the USA for it's tolerance towards gay people- he said that God's blessings had been removed for...well loving thy neighbor and judging not and all sorts of un-Christian stuff.
No, that was Falwell on Robertson's show.

Still a worthless piece of shit scumbag. If hell existed, I'd hope he'd burn in it.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Well that's just bonkers. Everyone knows it was punishment from Dagon and Tiamat for slacking off on the human sacrifices. Obvious really.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
quote:
No, that was Falwell on Robertson's show.

Still a worthless piece of shit scumbag. If hell existed, I'd hope he'd burn in it.

Ah- you're right- Robertson just nodded along like a bobblehead.
Still, those shows are scripted so....

Here's a hilarious and angr-inducing list of some of Robertson's quotes over the years.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is, Robertson in 2007, using sapho juice, melange and his full mentat computation skills to scry 2007's events, entirely unbiased concerning his business model.

The whole article seems to handle Robertson's predicted catastrophic events not only as a tradition, but as credible and educating news, kind of like a weather report before the holidays.
Surely Fox News' channel programming wouldn't profit from terror strikes on US soil?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

"Cloudy skies, a low pressure front with a 20% chance of Semtex detonations."

I have to admit to being vaguely amused by the hysterical fear some yanks still have of another terrorist attack "on American soil". As if that makes it inherently worse than a terrorist attack somewhere else.
Not that I'm unfamiliar with that sort of climate, I grew up on a British army camp during the height of one of the IRA's bombing campaigns and while yes, there was the odd bomb scare and as kids we were told not to kick cans down the street in case you get your foot blown off by an improvised grenade, I don't think we ever got nearly as hysterical about it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps