Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Pat Robertson's at it again. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pat Robertson's at it again.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But...it's our soil, Rev!
They cant soil our...er...soil!
Out patriotic plants grow in that soil and one day become senators and congressmen- we have to protect that sacred soil from reality whenever possible.

That's about as cynical as I can get, being born on the fourth of July and all. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
he said that Hugo Chavez should be assassinated

Just like Jesus used to do... [Roll Eyes]

Hey now, we dont know what Jesus was up to prior to his teaching deciples- those records were sealed by the Roman Secret Service.
Remember Sheppard Book from Firefly? same thing.
From that linked article:
quote:
"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

So...God's not really able to give specifics? Is God a mime or something, playing out charades for ol' Pat? Maybe he just shows images in a disjointed flashback sorta sequence like when Jonas Quinn was seeing the future on SG1.
quote:
"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

That's why the toilet seay lifts up, Pat.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Somewhere not near you, atm* Heh i swear for a bit, we was gonna do a u-turn in the Atlantic to help them, but i'm pretty sure Old Pat's mouth will save those people (The Coast Guard's just there to make sure they don't leave, t'all)...

wasn't his bullshit on youtube 1st? That's why he won't go away, always some stupid fucker watching his shit across the planet now daze...

*waves*

i just fnished reading Housuke Nojiri's Usurper of the Sun. Good Reading (but so was 'Word of Traitors', an Ebberron book, too. Geth = bad ass shifter...)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."
That's called guessing. I mean, if it's *his* track record we're talking about. Shouldn't he be more interested in *God's* track record...?
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat Robertson is a retard. But so is Danny Glover for saying the Haiti earthquake was caused by global warming and was Earth's response to the failure of Copenhagen.

Religious nuts (whether Yahweh or Gaia) need to not have access to the airwaves.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something along the same lines:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/haiti-ruins-everything

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate you for linking that vapid retard-laden site: my general faith in humanity has dropped severely.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps