Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Congrats to Lizzy Lafrance (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Congrats to Lizzy Lafrance
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the congrats, all!

Charles sent me a Facebook message telling me that there was a request for pictures - I'll get those online somewhere other than Facebook as soon as I can - that way I can link them here :-)

Now, I've got to jet off to feed the little guy again... he just woke up and when it comes to food, he is NOT patient [Wink]

~Liz

PS - Sorry to disappoint, but "Ryker" is not in any way a reference to Star Trek... if it was, I'd have spelled it right [Wink]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey- how are the headaches going? It would be hysterical if they go away now that you've had a baby- some sort of reproductive imperitive.
Pon-Farr in other words. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As promised, here is a link to some pictures from the first 2 weeks of the little guy's life - I'll post more later, as time permits. It's amazing how little time exists in the day with a newborn in the house!!! [Big Grin]

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/loaconstrictor/Nathan%20-%20First%20month/?albumview=slideshow

Jason~ Ironically, pregnancy is a migraine cure for many women - they think it's 'cause of the elevated hormone levels. Anyway, I had to go off ALL of my preventative meds once I found out I was preggers, so for the first 23 weeks of pregnancy, my migraines were a lot worse. Then, they got a lot better - as is common in the 2nd half of pregnancy. Since I've had him though, they've been getting worse again.

The goal is to keep me off of my meds as long as we can so that I can keep breastfeeding him. The good news is that breastfeeding should keep my hormones somewhat elevated so the headaches are less likely to get as bad as they could. Only time will tell how that all works out though since everyone is a bit different.

Okay, little guy just woke up again. Time to change his diaper and feed him...! TTYS!

~Liz

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, he's so little. And long. And he's rockin' that Captain Adorable shirt.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well congrats, Liz- maybe the headaches will diminish as you have more and more children, untill you have a horde of wailing infants, toddelers ans children all crying for your attention.

Then you wont even notice the pain. [Wink]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

No, thank you! Considering that I never wanted to (or thought I could) have kids, one is enough for me!!!

For the record though, while I never wanted to be a mom, I'm sure happy that I was blessed with the opportunity, even if it was shockingly unintended - my little guy is the best thing that ever happened to me [Smile]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Liz - I didn't actually realise you'd gotten married (or is that Lee Says The Wrong Thing To Another Flareite, Part 947?).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most likely, Lee.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

She's already maried...to the Internet.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, he's adorable, Liz. I have to get me a "Heart Breaker" t-shirt.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still confused by "Wesley". Was he actually named after Wesley Crusher? Because, well, aren't there at least 67 better Star Trek characters than him? I'd almost go for Martok ahead of Wesley. And I'd never go for Martok.

(This is me trying to beat Lee's record for saying the wrong thing to people, by the way. He can't have it all to himself).

Nathan Ryker Lafrance sounds very Canadian. Is that good?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm still confused by "Wesley". Was he actually named after Wesley Crusher?
No. Indeed, this was explained elsewhere. Marcy and I simply got to the letter W before we happened across any names on which we both could agree. [Wink]
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean you didn't like "Apollo"? You fool!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps