Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » It's ALL Rogers Fault!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's ALL Rogers Fault!!!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Granted, I don't view marriage the same way other people do. I don't believe in your spouse just getting access to everything. But I suppose that's why I don't want to get married, because marriage is *weird.* Why would you trust another person so fully as to give them access to all of your information and records and property? Since when are people not douchebags? Isn't it a little naive to think that only some particular subset of people is dishonest and beneath the rest of us?

Lots of people aren't douchbags. Assuming that, under the surface, everyone is ultimately out to screw you over is a very depressing world view. I'm getting married next year, and I trust her completely. On the other hand, even in a marriage it's not that easy to screw over the other person unless you are paying no attention whatsoever. I would assume both parties would check their joint bank account, mortgage etc regularly, not out of a lack of trust but because that's what sensible people should do.

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I once had a girlfriend that was very upfront about the fact that she didn't mind if I messed about or even used hookers (I didn't, for the record) but she said I wasn't allowed to fall in love with any of them. So not everyone has the same priorities.

While that is indeed better than behind-the-back cheating, it's very unlikely that a relationship like that would last for any decent amount of time without a serious adjustment in rules or paranoia destroying it. "You can shove your penis anywhere, just don't cuddle afterwards" is just not maintainable.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps