Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » It wasn't just the mayonnaise that went bad... part II (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It wasn't just the mayonnaise that went bad... part II
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/811398--taser-attack-at-wendy-s-over-mayo

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
were they:

Black?

Hispanic?

something other than white?

not to be racist but this sounds... typically ethnic in nature...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Whities can be stupid too!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO true! Here's a link to that story!
Of course, OF COURSE it happened in Florida.

Fuck's sake, it's always Florida when something truly beyone belief happens. [Roll Eyes]

Here's a gem:
quote:
eBay user comment leads to legal woes

> Posted by Barbara Hijek on April 12, 2010 07:06 AM
Elliot Miller, of Miami Beach, defended his e-reputation.

He's suing Michael Steadman, of Cape Canaveral, because Steadman gave him a negative review on eBay.

Steadman bought a $44 time clock for his welding business from Miller. Steadman said when the clock arrived it was actually three pieces of varying models that didn't fit together and couldn't stamp a card, as it had been advertised it could. He returned it and got a refund through PayPal.

But he felt it was his duty to warn others.

So on Miller's profile he wrote: "Bad seller; he has the ethics of a used car salesman."

Miller, a South Florida lawyer, turned around and sued Steadman for $15,000, claiming he ruined his reputation and 100 percent satisfaction rating, reports Florida Today.

Steadman said: "It's not safe to say anything online. You don't have a freedom of speech. The laws don't work for us. Because I don't have the money to fight them, I'm losing. It's not right. I'm speechless."

Check the Archive o' Shame

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And of course, there's always the stupid 911 calls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/28/man-calls-911-over-orange_n_208785.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS9STtcaaPs

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least that guy went to jail for his stupidity.
A good prosecutor could pull the other 911 calls from that incident and show what real emergencies were taking place while he wasted some operator's time.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
were they:

Black?

Hispanic?

something other than white?

not to be racist but this sounds... typically ethnic in nature...

You can't say "not to be racist" and then say something that is really quite racist. Language does not grant you a get out of jail free card.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Exactly, stupidity is not limited to one race, but all races. Stupid people come in all shapes, sizes, colors, genders, sexual orientations, religions, etc.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the comments from the Orange Juice Escapade reads as follows:

"No, natural selection is real, we broke it with medical science".

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually we broke it when we started wearing clothes, hunting with weapons, farming crops and living in huts. Medical science only compounds matters.

Not that it's important. It's not as if evolution is some divine path to a species' genetic perfection....but that's quite a bit off topic. [Wink]

Though yes, PW was being rather offensive and prejudiced, if not exactly racist. Just the phrase "typically ethnic" is almost laughably ignorant. I mean, we are all "ethnic" of one sort or another, are we not?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
Foot in mouth

properly (and responsibly) chastisted
true that... [Frown] it's just... i'll shut up.

--------------------

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Though yes, PW was being rather offensive and prejudiced, if not exactly racist. Just the phrase "typically ethnic" is almost laughably ignorant. I mean, we are all "ethnic" of one sort or another, are we not?

usually when i use the term 'certain ethnic' i think about this ...

gags like this are virtually non-existant on TV but back in the previous century... yeah. watching frogs go boom was the shit...

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then we moved in to a new world of watching cats fall off of skateboards.

Also, this was the worst internet forum flame war ever. You guys are rubbish.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

are we s..., if you really need flames, you could reinstate E back... LOL...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mountainman- that guy...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.