Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What's new? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What's new?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too true, Jeff has that Deer Whisperer thing going on.

It was his fault, so my insurance is covering her car. He left turned after the arrow went out, without clearing traffic. No bodily injuries though, so that is a great thing.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still living in Denver, CO working my ass off and hating Summer. I still have to wait about three more months until the mountains open up for snowboarding.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been married two years, out of grad school two years, embedded systems design engineer for three years. Running for US Congress, election is in November. Life is not bad. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess not, lol.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, haven't had a job since '08, can't sleep for shit, way too many empty 40 bottles in the recycling bin....man, all y'all fuckers have good news... [Razz]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
I've been married two years, out of grad school two years, embedded systems design engineer for three years. Running for US Congress, election is in November. Life is not bad. [Smile]

So...do you run in a primary or something?
Was there a big fee to get on the ballot?

I often think I should run for Congress- I could run on a platorm of brutal honesty: kind of a "Fuck Everyone" platorm.
Now to find a district with an impossibly high number of punks and lowlifes to represent (and to get them to actually vote after the free beer, pre-voting party that some chaos-friendly PAC will throw).

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Watts area? Compton?

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No primary, the bipartisans have a strangehold on the ballot access laws, and they've made it impossible for any other parties to be legally recognized. Legally, I'm an independent. I am the candidate of the Libertarian, Pirate, and Modern Whig parties in the Tennessee Fifth. At least they've left it relatively easy to get on the ballot as an independent: 25 signatures, no fee.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:

So...do you run in a primary or something?
Was there a big fee to get on the ballot?

I often think I should run for Congress- I could run on a platorm of brutal honesty: kind of a "Fuck Everyone" platorm.
Now to find a district with an impossibly high number of punks and lowlifes to represent (and to get them to actually vote after the free beer, pre-voting party that some chaos-friendly PAC will throw).

Yeah I've been having a political itch too, specially with all these Teabaggers running amuk. But I don't think I'm old enough, nor do I have the finances or resources to run for any office. Plus, methinks all the local and state publc offices are filled, and New Yorkers tend to vote for the same people over and over.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the apathy vote keeps Congesrrional turnover at a minimum- social progress too, unfortunately.

quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Watts area? Compton?

I may be to chalky for the minority vote....maybe Seattle.
I could connect with a goth/grunge scene.

In already wear a lot of black...what's a little flannel if it gets the vote?
quote:
No primary, the bipartisans have a strangehold on the ballot access laws, and they've made it impossible for any other parties to be legally recognized. Legally, I'm an independent. I am the candidate of the Libertarian, Pirate, and Modern Whig parties in the Tennessee Fifth. At least they've left it relatively easy to get on the ballot as an independent: 25 signatures, no fee.

There's a Modern Whig Party? Very odd. I bet there's a modern No Nothing party as well.
sarah palin is their spiritual leader. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, i am retired from the Navy (subject to recall back to active duty for the next 10 years, however), unemployed for the first time in 2 decades and a prospective colledge student.

o.O whoa.

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Ahh, lucky you. All those great benefits they gave you..... My brother in law has watched his fall apart big time since he retired from the Air Force.

Good luck

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice sig. I remember seeing posters with that slogan at Great Lakes. Better than that "America's Navy: A Global Force for Good" crap they're trying.

"Let the Journey Begin" and "It's not just a job, it's an adventure" were my two favorite slogans.

Sea the world... I did. Considering most of the planet is ocean, I saw plenty of the world.

[ August 01, 2010, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Ahh, lucky you. All those great benefits they gave you..... My brother in law has watched his fall apart big time since he retired from the Air Force.

Good luck

details, details (so that i may learn from other's mistakes)

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Nice sig. I remember seeing posters with that slogan at Great Lakes. Better than that "America's Navy: A Global Force for Good" crap they're trying.

"Let the Journey Begin" and "It's not just a job, it's an adventure" were my two favorite slogans.

Sea the world... I did. Considering most of the planet is ocean, I saw plenty of the world.

Since i'm still on retainer as the Fleet Reserve, i don't think i can bad mouth much yet... but yeah, the current slogan is such pretencious bullshit 'A global farce...'

but it's the kids Navy. Not mine, anymore...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in the same boat as Ritten. Got fired from my job in early 2009 by a jerkass of a boss who said he had my interests in heart but was nothing more than a lying cocksucking assfucking not-a-man. It also didn't help that he went through great pains to deny me of a job at other prospects (certainly illegal). I did end up suing the company but due to an air-tight employment contract that guaranteed that I was entitled to almost no money in the event of termination without cause, I ended up settling for far less than I wanted to sue for. Methinks that if I went all the way, perhaps I could have thrown these guys into the gutter. But I let my lawyer talk me out of doing so.

Nonetheless, the fucker-of-a-boss was still trying to find ways to sabotage my job prospects. Unfortunately despite all the damage he did, he did cover his tracks and other than words from my former co-workers, I had no evidence to fight back with. I did finally get a job last month, but it isn't at the level I was previously at and I essentially lost more than a year of my life.

Sometimes I do hope that a tornado appears on top of the house of my former douchebag boss and sucks him and his family up and tosses them all the way to China where they can enjoy the slave labour over there. Sure, I'm bitter, but the bitterness does get me through the day. [Smile]

Let this be a lesson to all of you: 1) watch out for sleazeball bosses who try to take you into their confidence, and 2) read your employment contract so you know what you're getting into whenever you're starting a job.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps