Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Clash of the Titans

Author Topic: Clash of the Titans
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suckest. remake. ever.
EVER.

But I saw something odd in the credits-
Alexander Siddig was Hermes- That made me wade through the scenes with the gods a second time aaaand...he's not there. Whatever on-screen moment he had must have been edited out completely- the only gods with lines are Zues (badly) and Hades and Apollo -who looks amazing and is the highlight of the whoe srry train wreck of a flick.

No Hermes though- We can see an obvious neptune and a likely Hephastus, three women (only visible in extreme wide-angle shots), but not even stillframe and maximum zoom shows our pal Alexander. [Confused]

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COuld it REALLY be any worse than a BRONZE OWL?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poo. I was really looking forward to renting it...

Harry Hamlin never really said "action hero" to me. He's weird lookin'

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Dude, he is weird lookin... Wow I might just see this movie, might be a good for a chuckle.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in the original. The guy in the new one looks a fair spot grittier.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
He was in the original. The guy in the new one looks a fair spot grittier.

That's one of the main problems- everyone's filthy but there's an OBVIOUS "gonna get killed" female lead that saintly white and spotlesly clean- even in the desert.

And there's these lame undead sandpeople that look a cross between arabs, sandpeople and ghost rider. They have exactly nothing to do with mythology.

The rest of the movie is a poor attempt to out do the original with a tacked-on "Men have outgrown the Gods" angle that pretty crass- why they cant just use the actual myth is beyond me.
he Scorpions are five times as large, Medusa not only has a tail and a rattle, but now sports a scorpion stinger, etc.
They've also added on the onligatory "funny" sidekicks.

Also, as noted in several reviews, because it was made to be a 3-D movie, some of the CGI looks really fake without 3-D.

The one major good thing about the movie was their pronounching Charon's name correctly- that made me happy. [Smile]

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how long as NuCotT been out? i thought it was in theathers like a week before it was pulled?

or are you talking about the DVD?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The DVD came out on July 27- I actually went into a Ballbuster Video and rented that piece of crap.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the original 1981 version on DVD a couple of years ago, mainly for the superb animatronics by Ray Harryhausen, but Harry Hamlin is a good actor (stage actor from the beginning, not a stuntman or martial arts ape).
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DaBang80:
quote:
Dude, he is weird lookin...
Oh naughty boy DaBang, linking directly to a pic. But yeah, perhaps you guys wish Viggo would've starred in the new version?

-

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with direct links?

At least I've heard of Viggo Mortensen, that other guy must have come from under some rock somewhere.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Nim
Member # 205

Well, "Down under" anyway. :.)

About direct links, nothing much, except it steals bandwidth from the site you link from, its server is the one displaying the picture here. Unless Wikipedia allows that, maybe I haven't heard.

I remember SomethingAwful tracks down offsite links to its images and replaces them with pictures of old men having sex and other nice stuff.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

ah I see, well since I have no desire to see naked seniors, I will try to keep the direct linking to a minimum.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps