Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Probably tastes like chicken.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Probably tastes like chicken....
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As i've slowly learned during Terminal Leave from the Navy, the cats usually have various lotus positions around the house, usually in dad's room (if its Trouble) or just spralled on the floor (If its Lady)

in fact the only times i ever see Trouble is when he comes up stairs when im gaming, loudly announces his presence then demands something. it could be treats. it could be cat crack. it could be he wants me to lift him to the basement window sill (he could jump it but he knows me). or that he wants to go out (on leesh).

in short, he owns the house & if i want to eat a Ham&swiss in peace, i gotta close the bedroom door & put on the headphones... cause if i hear him or see a paw from under the door... i lose it from the Awwwwwwwe factor...

am i screwed as a new civilian? o.O

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh That paw under the door thing is pretty cute, but I still used to spray the thing with water when it bugged me. MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAWOOOWOWOWO....*spritz spritz* NYEEEEEER *run*

Heh.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got a fun IM from my wife. Our cute little bundle of joy as once again peed on our living room carpet. The living room that I just paid to have cleaned of his urine. So now we have to pull the carpet up and tear out the padding... little freak.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I used to accidentally leave the door to the litterbox-room closed, my cat would shit on my bed, then sit down next to it and *wait for me*, meow insolently at me, and saunter off.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I just got a fun IM from my wife. Our cute little bundle of joy as once again peed on our living room carpet. The living room that I just paid to have cleaned of his urine. So now we have to pull the carpet up and tear out the padding... little freak.

I heard that if you leave a few little bowls of cat food near where he does a job, it'll discourage him from using your carpet. I guess they don't like using a certain area if there's food nearby or something.

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
When I used to accidentally leave the door to the litterbox-room closed, my cat would shit on my bed, then sit down next to it and *wait for me*, meow insolently at me, and saunter off.

That's what I love about cats, a dog would just do it on the floor, but a cat's smart enough really let you know you goofed.

My neighbors old cat used to sleep on his face in the morning to get him up for work (and also to feed him). They actually just rescued a litter of kittens after the mother vanished. 2 of them didn't make it, but I'm hoping to be able to keep one once they're old enough.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was once told a story by some very old lady who was around in the 30's about how during the Blitz in London it was safest not to ask what kind of meat it was you had on your plate.

She said that cat tastes a bit like rabbit but less tasty.

Given the smell of the stuff my cat eats I don't want to know what he tastes like.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, thanks to my crappy router, I neally recalled this gem twice.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Now I need to try rabbit....lotta people around here have had *squirrel.*
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pore enough A-1 sauce, itll taste like A-1 sauce... or my penis.

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
I was once told a story by some very old lady who was around in the 30's about how during the Blitz in London it was safest not to ask what kind of meat it was you had on your plate.

Same thing happened in France during the Hundred Year war. Where do you think French cuisine came from? Just because the nobility was forced to eat rat just like the rest of the starving masses didn't mean it had to look or taste like rat.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The French are not the brightest when it comes to felines- during the Black Plague, half of Paris was infected or dead and someone decided to blame the cats- leading to the Great Cat Massacre.

Of course, this was before cats became anyone's pets- that's a recent thing, really.

So the rivers were clogged with dead cats and the people celebrated...untill the rat population, which was only kept in check by the cats, exploded, spreading the disease to the remainder of the citizens of Paris.

Months later, those that fled the city or lived nearby "repopulated" Paris.

Man, not a day goes by that the Pessimist's Guide to History does not come in handy. [Wink]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This weekend I had moose. Moose calf, even. For two days. Eyes-rolling-back-in-head good. Giant pot filled with dark stew, shallot and a few good taters.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm alerting PETA to your ISP- expect a decrepit Pamela Anderson to pickett your house.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I...I regret nothing.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nim's chest cavity was found stuffed with tofu, animal cruelty pamphlets and what appear to be silicone lip implants: witnesses report seeing a manlike figure in a red women's swimsuit fleeing the crime scene- "Hideous" was the description one badly shaken neighbor gave to police.

His murder remains unsolved.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps