Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hello! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hello!
Williamlk
Member # 2236

- posted      Profile for Williamlk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there, I was browsing and came across this site. Even though I am a part-time author. I am not here to promote anything!

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I am a professional musician, living in New York. I like to write, read and watch sci-fi.

Dune is by far my favorite novel and I suppose I will always be a huge Star Wars fan.

I hope to get to know you all!
Thanks for having me!

--------------------
William L.K.
www.williamlk.weebly.com

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi William.

I would suggest you start posting more than just a greeting with your personal website in your sig line, as you coincidentally joined at exactly the same time that some spammer jackass named Eduardo joined (who will be banned very soon, I have no doubt). Just making sure you're not the same guy.

Williamlk
Member # 2236

- posted      Profile for Williamlk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM NOT EDUARDO!

I actually only posted a greeting because I wanted to look around a bit before I started posting.
It just seems like a cool forum.

--------------------
William L.K.
www.williamlk.weebly.com

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Will!
You really should make "I AM NOT EDUARDO!" your sig-line.

Yeah. We're that snarky.

What brings you to Flare? Trek fan?

Williamlk
Member # 2236

Hey there Jason!

I know, I feel like I am getting the shaft because of this guy!

I have always been a fan of sci-fi. I was just surfing the net and I came across this site, it looked intereting, thought I'd give it a go.

I am a Trek fan/ I am probably in the minority in that I liked the movies better than the series/ Although I do like the series also.

I am a HUGE Star Wars geek!

--------------------
William L.K.
www.williamlk.weebly.com

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We like to poke at the FNGs around here, call it like a welcome/initiation thing. Years ago it was a little more er... medieval. You're lucky, it's like a renaissance era now.

Oh ya, might be going to go buy Civ5 today.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Computer games have pulled the fangs from poor Da_bang80 and made him soft.

Not to worry, Will- eventually we'll crush your spirit in some thread about something you really care about...like Star Wars, for example! [Wink]

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soft? pfft. I just spent the last couple hours destroying America...

Mellow would be more like it, same way I play Civ. No problem making nice like, but piss me off and I'll stomp you. [Razz]

Civ 5's not bad, steam's a pain no surprise there, some bugs so wait for a patch before picking it up.

Oh well, China's is in a good spot, I'll see if Russia wants to ally against them...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh GOOD. a FNG for me to rape... BilLyK, your so my bitch... [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Williamlk
Member # 2236

Ok, I'm getting freaked out now!

--------------------
William L.K.
www.williamlk.weebly.com

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry...I survived the ritual initiation, and have been hanging around here like a cockroach ever since. [Big Grin] Welcome aboard.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't mind PW, he just forgets to take his pills.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Williamlk
Member # 2236

Fair enough, I'll hang in there, I can take it!

--------------------
William L.K.
www.williamlk.weebly.com

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o.O Grrrrrr Grrrrr..... oh wait, he is still classified as Noob? i thought the by-laws stated that Sean was always the noob...? Ok Bill, your free to go.... Sean? Sean Dear? *evil grin*

and truth be told, this is one of the better (and suprisingly, friendlier) sites for discussion...

we're just merciless to spammers & retards like E

http://www.youtube.com/user/esecallum

im not sure this is him but....

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god...E...he was rather entertaining, I'll give you that. Well, more like the responses he got were entertaining.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps