Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » New foray in "Most embarrassing death in history of man"

Author Topic: New foray in "Most embarrassing death in history of man"
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Owner of Segway drives Segway off cliff, dies

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well at least he wasn't the inventor, that'd be *really* embarrassing.

Never used one of those and can't say I'm in any hurry. While I'm the last person one would accuse of being a fitness freak, even to me those things just make people look lazy. Able bodied people that is, I can appreciate it's use by older people and others with bad backs or legs.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya I don't think I'd ever use one either. I prefer my wheels to be one in the front and one in the back. One on either side just seems dangerous...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev:
quote:
Well at least he wasn't the inventor, that'd be *really* embarrassing.
Dean Kamen wouldn't go out like a chump, his death will be something like "acute brain cancer from pulling unstable uranium rods out of a live reactor, saving trapped school children" or "decompressing suboceanic Kamen research base, killing himself and three genetically modified north korean super-scientists posing as south korean vanilla-scientists to get within biopsy-distance of Kamen's brain".

quote:
Ya I don't think I'd ever use one either. I prefer my wheels to be one in the front and one in the back. One on either side just seems dangerous...
Well, the only Segway-ish vehicle I'd want to have is this.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.... that shit would be AWE-FUCKIN-SUM for paint-ball senerio play, Nim...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen parking cops on Segways- it's freakin brilliant for them and postal carriers- really great idea for getting around large industrial plants as well (Stane uses one in Iron man even!).

It just seems like a dippy idea- and for everyday life it is.

Give the dead guy a little credit though- how many company owners would actually test-drive their own vehicle?

Hmm...I wonder if he had children? He could be the world's most visible darwin award winner.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of stories mentioned family, but didn't list them.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to own one of these...unfortunately, I'm afraid that I would accidentally find my way to one of the few cliffs in the area and drive off. It would be just my luck.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard they're very uncomfortable, as you're standing up for long periods of time, and that's actually worse than walking, since you get stiff and sore from being locked in the same position.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, there is that- walking is excellent circulation for the legs and arms too- at my job, I have to stand for hours at a stretch- not good for my still-bum leg- my doc says taht walking around is much better than just standing in one place though- standing (or sitting) prone makes blood pool in the lower extremities.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps