Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Thoughts of a Votist...

Author Topic: Thoughts of a Votist...
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i voted today. In Person, not Absentee. For the VERY first time.

It was cool... once i found the FUCKING PLACE (my dad's directions and amazing ability to not include everything location wise 'vague'

plus that for all the signs, reading the newspapers, listening to TV (ok not much of that since i game lots), ive found that my many Navy Advancement tests taken during my career DID help me. well once anyway, a lot of the names were running solo for their offices hopes...

so what's your political thoughts, US/Canuk/Euro/British-fart-fart-what-eva?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, it's very easy to find my voting place. It's the school just up the road. Although I normally do a postal vote, because I'm just that lazy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also voted in the nearby school. New York state has instituted a new voting process using computers. It was okay, slightly convenient from the lever system we used to have.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can retard floridiots fuck it away? I still remember year 2000's laugh feast with chads...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I don't even keep track of the politics in Ottawa, I'm not about to even try with America...

Although it will be interesting to see how Prop. 19 does in Cali.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It failed, 46-54 (at least, as of about 97% of the votes counted).
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for the first time yesterday. Having never used the old lever machines...I can't compare, but like Mars, I didn't have a problem with the new computer machines. My polling place was the firehall up the road.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted two weeks ago and it was all for naught- Flori-Duh has fucked itself harder than it's ever fucked itself before- Rick Skott, the king of medicare fraud is the Governor, Marco Rubio is our new Senator and the Republicans hold a super-majority in the state leglislature: allowng them to pass any law or make changes to the state's constution without voter approval AND with the Democrats being unable to fillibuster or block it in any way.

Expect the Republicans to outlaw gay adoption and women's reproductive rights at their earliest convience.

Yep. It's gonna be a looong four years.

Here's a gret website for those upset that "Obama has not done enough" since taking office:
http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the Reps are masters at making people vote against their own interests, let's see if the angry voters will still be angry in 2012. My brain tells me yes.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see us going away from the paper ballot any time soon in the UK.

Incidentally, despite being in Atlanta for the last week I have no real idea what happened in your election. The GOP dun good apparently according to the USA today, which has been my only source of information this week.

Which I think means the really right wing ones are in charge of the senate as oppossed to the quite conservative ones and the evolution denying nutters. Is that right? And, so what? I get so confused this time of the year.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the right wing nutters are in control of the House- the Senate is controlled by self-serving, spineless centrists that occasionally side with progressives...but only when polling numbers really support the leglislation proposed.

In truth, both sides serve whomever gives their campaigns money and/or employs people in their states (as corperate threats of layoffs always steer political voting records).
That wealthiest 2% of Americans that pay the least (percentage wise) in taxes, in other words.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps