Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The revolving door or mental illness.

Author Topic: The revolving door or mental illness.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, stop me if you've heard this one:
A man gets pulled over by police while wearing a skimask...
With a bunch of fireworks.

This guy might be my personal idol- not because of his insane actions, but because he's completely immune to the criminal justice system.

Sleep with a 17 year old and you're living under a bridge for life but plant explosives, steal planes, kidnap kids, take hostages and threaten the life of the President, and you're good to go after some downtime at the nuthatch.

Rock and roll.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i read that on NPR (but not specifics of his exploits).

but yeah. LOLZ.

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That story sounded silly when I heard what "explosives" he was packing. He might've been able to put someone's eye out with those things but that was about as far as it went. That's why I don't take the blowing-up part very seriously. If he'd set it all off at once it might've cracked his rear windshield. (I exagerrate slightly, but still.)

But in any case, this guy is clearly mentally ill, but unfortunately since he claims to be Muslim he might add fuel to the fire of certain intolerants. Glad he didn't hurt anybody.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he'd packed that amount of fireworks with the M-60's into something like, say,a trash can (as this guy did before) it could certainly have hurt someone- that's according to the detroit bomb squad.

It really makes me think on the number of seriously mentally ill, violent offenders runing arond unchecked and untreated.

I see a lot of homeless people with mental illness forced to live on the streets because they cant function in society- and there's no means of care for them if they want to retain anything like freedom.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps