Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So for just giving us $20, we'll give you Admin....

Author Topic: So for just giving us $20, we'll give you Admin....
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://hellsgamers.com/content/126-premium

please lookie at Hellgamer's linkie & tell me that getting !m4 or !AWP isn't nothing more than a authorised hack (assuming that its a hotkey to quickly switch weapons)?

i used to play on their Crackhouse deathmatch server, but got a several day ban because of a pr0n spray. (well my attitude on the website irc didn't help when i accused HG of joining the 700 club network, LOL)

now regardless of the offense that i might comply with, if only to play nice with the kids that play with their feces, if you play there with the players that either pay for the perk or rank in the top-20, is it fair to even try & play in such conditions? they do a good job permabanning actual hackers (they require demos as part of any official forum request for a steam ID banning), but when you face against folks who can legally swap guns at a key stroke, have special effects for weapons that do nothing extra but do annoy or even inimidate you... doesnt that make you feel like if your game play isnt elist, you just gonna get utterally owned? (and some of the players, especially a brazillion prick who took great pleasure in heatshooting me with his fucking explosive rounds)

pretty much know what i should do but id like to hear some thoughts from the other gamers...

actually im gonna expand this: what PC-based game, made with-in the past 3-4 years, is better than Counter-Strike: Source, that i should purchase as replacement (heresy, i know)...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really play many multiplayer games other than the Mechwarrior: Living Legends mod for Crysis Wars.

There's just something satisfying about steppin onto the battlefield in a 100 ton giant killer robot and alpha-striking the first poor bastard who gets too close.

Oh and paying money for special privileges on a server is cheating. Especially if those privileges include weapon and money hacks.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you pay to play without a mathmatics degree in heat-sink allocation and managment?
Might make mech games fun in that case.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately there's no customization of mechs (they say it's in the works) yet, although most of the variants are pretty decently balanced for heat management.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd think the heat sink issue would be moot in an freezing environ (though getting the mech warmed up might be a challenge)...and a nightmare in the desert.
They should account for those issues.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ambient temperature isn't going to make THAT much difference to your heat dissipation. The bigger factors are the mass of your heat sink and the air flow over it. So heat dissipation in a vacuum sucks.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

Part of the fun of customizing your mech in the other mechwarrior games was basing your loadout on the planetary climate, maybe a few more energy based weapons on colder planets, or a few more ammunition based weapons on warmer planets. Shave a ton of armor off for that one extra heat sink, or keep the armor and potentially fry your self.

In the game, both tabletop and video game versions, ambient temperature had enough of an effect that you could base your whole loadout around whether it's cold or not.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to dust off that Sega Genesis...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The graphics were never that good on a Genesis. I want to get the Sonic game pack for Wii... [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Time to dust off that Sega Genesis...

My roommate still has his- we occasionally still play Star Control on it.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

I still fire up the old NES and play Mario and Duck Hunt once in a while. And even the old Ti-99 with Alpiner, Parsec, and Tombstone. Good Times.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Have you seen those Atari controlers that have all the old games built into them?
Crazy. Only like $15 too.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet I hear complaints that they sometime aren't authentic to the original 2600 in the sound and sprites department. I do recall that one of those toys was in fact a real 2600 with games built in that could be converted to accept cartridges. I think one of the creators actually had instructions on website on how to convert it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

One say we'll see X-Box controllers with all it's classics built into it- and the kids will laugh at the crappy graphics!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps