Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Heyy! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Heyy!
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure I started posting on the Utopia Planitia Forums back in 1997, or 14 years ago, or half my life ago. I can't even believe the Internet has been around for that long.

Just checking in, old friends.

-- Frank

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long is the Defiant, again? [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even know what that is anymore.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe...

Here's The Shadow; now we just need to rustle up The_Vorlon and The First One...

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Jubilee.

Baloo checked in some time back, didn't he?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back- did ou bring us anything? Souviners?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back. I think your site introduced me to Flare, which I have neglected for many a year.

--------------------
Meh

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, is this SWDAO Frank G?

Awesome! I'd say your site got me here, too, I bet.

I actually rather enjoy doing my own mini-Wayback Machine thing with sites that were particularly interesting or noteworthy research tools back in the day. It's located here:

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWObsidian.html

I would love to add yours. I found a Wayback Machine version from 2005 and would be happy to resurrect it as a live, reposted site. May I?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Frank still has the files for the website saved somewhere...

--------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:

I would love to add yours. I found a Wayback Machine version from 2005 and would be happy to resurrect it as a live, reposted site. May I?

Aw, thanks! Your site brings back the memories -- I used to correspond with Mike Wong back then too.

I give full permission to repost the SWDAO site. The only condition is that my name be included on there, which I think it already is in its original form. If you need the files, Chris is right -- I have them saved. Just send me your email address and I'll forward them along.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha Frank is back!
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Aha Frank is back!

I'll see that and raise you the techno remix (at about 4:55).
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear lord, that takes me back to my raving days of nineteen-ninetylol: me and your dad Frank senior, scamming chicks all nite down at the Cryo-Fez (before you came along).
Nowadays it's all ballbearings and velocipeds, but back then we made do with what we had.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Ha, that Dune song is one of my iTunes top played tracks. Probably because I've been listening to it for 10 years.

Also, that's funny because my dad actually is named Frank.

Everyone who is reading this, add me on Facebook. Frank Gerratana.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, YOU add ME on Facebook...! Frank Gerratana.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps