Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Flash and Youtube Problem

Author Topic: Flash and Youtube Problem
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday all day I was upgrading all the programs on my Piece of Shit computer. One of which was Flash. But now I see that it causes problems with using You Tube on Firefox 4. Some videos don't show any menu with their done playing. Also the streaming bar at the bottom of videos is messed up. I think I have an older version of flash somewhere. I tried removing everything having to do with flash and adobe from my PC. But even then I noticed on Youtube, I could still play some videos!!! I reinstalled flash, but still no dice. The stupid uninstall program adobe provides does jack shit.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Google Chrome 13.0.7, fastest and nimblest browser I've seen so far. 1080p HD-videos on Youtube hit the ground running and flow like butter. Of course, you need a decent video card too, at least 512 Mb and made around the last 4 years, to get stutter-free full-HD youtube.

Have you tried to use Ccleaner or Registry Mechanic to smooth out eventual registry problems caused by the flash-upgrade?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may have found the root of the problem. Apparently Youtube is testing out this new type of video format. When you click on certain videos, it enters you into a trial of this new format, which apparently doesn't sit well with my computer or browser. I have since declined participating in the trial, and things seem to be normal. For now.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.