Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Stuff I've Found on the Net

Author Topic: Stuff I've Found on the Net
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a grab bag of links and instead of doing separate threads, I thought I just post them in one spot.

Link 1: The Great Gatsby...the NES game.

Link 2: David Lynch of Eraserhead and Dune fame is now selling coffee

Link 3: They watch us, but who watches the Ponymen?

Link 4: Finally, a cool site with tons of reference pics and custom models of Trek ships. They also cover other franchises, but I'm linking to the Star Trek section.

Enjoy, and Happy Memorial Day.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice initiative. Postmodernist NES-game ftw. Re: link 1, some day I'll show you a pair of my cufflinks.
Link 2 I need to send to a friend who's a Lynch-praetorian.

Even though I'm not american, I happened upon this version of that old song a while ago, that gave me chills and bumps, in a good way. Thought about all those poor boys with sixguns and bayonets, huddling behind dirt ridges.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K. Jason, this is for you.....  -

found it on FineScale Modeler Magazine

Just found a website with more Photos.

And a Youtube video

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a hell of a build...is that the DeBoers model?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently its entirely scratch built. Amazing.

There's a couple guys in my area that build things from scratch; one builds construction equipment and the other sci-fi models. The latter built a huge model of the Leonov from 2010.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The builder is Jason Ware and the links in my original post give more details. He says he spent around 1,500 hours in a year to do it. Wish I could afford to do stuff like that. Heck I don't even have the time/space/money to build my 1/350 Trumpeter Lexington I picked up from a hobby shop going under for a whole $60.

Trumpeter Lexington

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the perils of modelling is the lack of time. I have a backlog of some 150+ models to build. Someday...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I've not built shit all year- I've got boxes and boxes of amazing custom parts for a Venator build and two SW Dreadnoughts waiting for attention...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps