Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy 4th of July! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Happy 4th of July!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an important day in world jistory, as I was born on this very day, so long ago.

Other stuff happened too, my country was founded (well, sorta) on this day and a whole bunch of Presidents died on it too.

Fortunately, I'm not the President, so I figure I'm relatively safe.

Bought myself some crazy comic book artwork (pics to come) on saturday at Florida Supercon and had the voice of Invader Zim do my new phone message, bought a ton of goodies like MST3K bootlegs and now I'm looking for a car (as I refrained rom blowing all my dough).

Today I relax with a beer and a prime rib while watching fireworks.

Hopefully your 4th will be as cool and beer-filled!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you found some Buscema or Golden Rom's.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy 4th to all my fellow Americans, and Happy Bastille Day to all Frenchmen. We forgive your cowardly nature.

Ordered my new Computer online today, so now it just the long wait. Might also get that War for Cybertron game. Feel like cracking some Decepticon heads open.

Also been checking out Doug Drexler's site. He's been putting the art featured in latest SotL up, sparing us having to buy the damn thing for just one or two good pics.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sick with the Stomach Flu.

Then again, I'm Canadian so whatever.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had to babysit the minions yesterday (but i spent of that time in the car going from the GF's to dad's (for more chairs) and finally the GF's family for celebrations (and only have to watch the littlest as the other two too off running). saw fireworks in person for the first time in a long time and i saw a bunch of hot-headed black kids getting into a scuffle in traffic so our formation drove SOUTH to GFs, the long way. quite funny when i think about it but i was worried some fucker was gonna draw a gun (when your young, black and think your tough, you do that)...

weeeeee, nothing like getting shot in Bedford...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Happy Bastille Day to all Frenchmen. We forgive your cowardly nature.

We shall also reward them for either discovering time travel or being so paralytically drunk that they've not noticed they're celebrating Bastille Day ten days early... [Wink]

--------------------
PDeR | Aegyptus Antica | PDeR Genealogy | My LJ

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to say thank you to all you patriotic Americans who went out to buy shit at the mall today, requiring other patriotic Americans to work on this national holiday.

It always baffles and annoys me that everything shuts down for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not Independence Day or Labor Day (like it should).

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy bday!
quote:
It's an important day in world jistory, as I was born on this very day, so long ago. Other stuff happened too, my country was founded (well, sorta) on this day
Um, how old are you? Have you been changing your name every 60 years, signing yourself as your sole heir? Do you have a cavalry saber on your person at any given moment, forged in 560BC by John Quincy Adams, ie you?
Let me guess, Shroud of Turin, that was you right? Some convoluted caper and a stag party prank gone wrong?

quote:
important day in world jistory
A Freudian slip now? About jizz and history, another clue to your reckless past? I get it, Lizzie Borden was one of your scorned lovers, who snapped in your wake, and then you had to return and fight her on the mansion roof during a thunderstorm? What do you say to yourself so you can sleep at night? Do you spill a drink on the floor for the legion of dead? Do you, you fuck?!
Teh PW
Member # 1203

i fucked my GF in the closet this morning (in order to max the time we had left before everyone woke up and improved stealth moaning)...

does that sound patriotic? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you flew your...er..."flag"...proudly, it's the American Way!

nim, I'm no typist and that post came after a couple of beers.
My apologies.

ate a big Prime Rib, drank a couple of guiness and one sam Adams (as a patriotic requirement) and watched half of the Gamera vs. Gigan on a bootleg MST3K I bought at the show.

Also got an amazing Hellboy piece by Duncan Fegredo- inkwashed- "painted" in ink really.
Hellboy is smoking a...drinking a beer.
Shit, I gotta go to work and scan these for you to see- his Google image results dont come up with anything as good as the piece he did for me!

An upcoming cover(!) to The Iron Age by Ariel Olivetti and an original Brad Walker piece of Starlord, Nova and Rocket Raccoon drinking beers.

Huh. Lotta drinking beer on my birthday this year

Last year, when I met Brad Walker, I bought a piece of art from him which would later get used as the cover for Thanos Imparitive #1 second printing!
Yeah, that's framed on my wall. [Razz]

Now I have the (uncolored) art for this upcoming cover:
Time traveling Iron Man has to collect a group of B-Rate heroes to (somehow) prevent an (also) time-traveling crazy, Dark Phionex from destroying the Earth.
BwhahaHAHAHAH!!!
It's a pretty great series so far! This issue is die out in September, I think.
They should have just titled the series "Screw Causality!"

And Nim, "John Hancock" was just an old screen handle of mine in the pre-net dayz. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
nim, I'm no typist and that post came after a couple of beers.
My apologies.

Not accepted, don't ever change.

quote:
"John Hancock" was just an old screen handle of mine in the pre-net dayz.
So that's it then. It goes deeper than I would've ever thought. Florida is where it will all end. I've notified Judy Zebra Knight. At the slightest signal from me, her men will enter your bedroom and burp through your pillows, to weaken your Chi level. Zebra Knight has also ordered her crimson guard to readiness level Lemur. Her backyard will see the bayonetting of so many cantaloupes in the coming weeks.
You are going to have to work for your Quickening this day, Hancock.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

My twin Tortiseshell cats will warn me of any incoming threat and give me time to both find my pants and grab my electrified, acid-spraying Shinto naginata (wich I've dubbed "Betty").

My Chi is a deep and endless ocean. My reach as wide as the night sky.

My typos comprise a secret code which would fuel the hackery novels of Dan Brown for decades, once decoded, they reveal aeons lost secrets, The Grand Unification Solution and what happened to Tony at the end of The Sopranos.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

quote:
My twin Tortiseshell cats will warn me of any incoming threat and give me time to both find my pants and grab my electrified, acid-spraying Shinto naginata (wich I've dubbed "Betty").
My Chi is a deep and endless ocean. My reach as wide as the night sky.
My typos comprise a secret code which would fuel the hackery novels of Dan Brown for decades, once decoded, they reveal aeons lost secrets, The Grand Unification Solution and what happened to Tony at the end of The Sopranos.

Your arrogance knows no bounds, Hancock. My men shall have your cats cornered and burped at, in short order. Betty will be chopping liver at the Food Network before the week is up, its keen blade covered in pbj.
I'll be monitoring it all from K-Paul's (Holy GROUND, highlander!).

Teh PW
Member # 1203

uh, Jason, your Naginata doesn't have acid, doesn't even have a flamer. it does has missles and a C3 system for the rest of your lance...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You know, it's a fairly accurate depiction my my casual attire- though I've added some ground effects and a usb hub.
 -

Nim, I forget, does Holy Gound protect you from missiles?
Also, my cat casually yawns at your threats (and most things not food related, to be honest).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.