Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Now our Ships look like they came from video games. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Now our Ships look like they came from video games.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so gonna get that for my room! Let's see my neighbors try to turn up their music loud now!
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want my own Tactical EMP so the next time the idiots come by thumping garbage I just flip a little switch and their low-rider just goes quiet....and then settles on the body as the airbags shut down.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
I want my own Tactical EMP so the next time the idiots come by thumping garbage I just flip a little switch and their low-rider just goes quiet....and then settles on the body as the airbags shut down.

I fantasize about taking my dad's Wrist Rocket and a bucket of water balloons and just sitting on the balcony waiting to soak anybdy whose bass I can hear from four stories up.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's your dad? Inspector Gadget?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefulnebula is Penny....and Nim id her sidekick Brain.
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
It's a trimaran, and I was of the impression that it was inspired by the very successful norwegian Skjöld-class patrol boat, since the US loaned a few Skjölds during the early planning days of the competing LCS projects, then returned them with a "Thank you, not interested" letter, and started cracking.
Of course, building it three times longer and thrice as tall as the Skjöld would create strains on the structure when the engines (working on surface effect power) approach the 50-knot range, wouldn't it.

Nothing to do with it. The design is based on an aluminium ferry that Austal previous supplied to some company in Norway (Fred Olsen I think).

It had a few issues with corkscrewing until they sorted the ride control software out, but I don't recall any corrosion issues and that thing has been out for a number of years now (sea-trials back in 05/06 IIRC).

As for aluminium boats, doesn't seem to be an issue with other vessels have constructed for the RAN (I've spent about 9 months on them collectively.

- M

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

You sank my...
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might just be the fact that I just got home from a 15 hour work day, but that movie looks absolutely suck-tastic. Seems like hollywood's just churning out a bunch of crappy movies hoping there's enough dumb people willing to pay $15 to see it.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

No this movie has suck written all over it. Would you expect any less from a movie based on a board game. I mean at least Transformers and G.I. Joe have some back story to them, what's Battleship's story. Sink your enemy's ships before he sink's yours. How that translates to the US Navy fighting a giant robot ship thing is beyond me. If I were to make a Battleship movie, I would think a WWII setting would be more appropriate, since naval warfare was so crucial to that war. And the robot thing flies, totally making its engagement of naval ships unnecessary.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, if they are going to make that, then they should be forced to make "Stratego" and "Risk". Make those aliens ROLL to defend!

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the pulled the Missouri out of mothballs for the fight too. Sick.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps