Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Russia and India and a 5th Gen Fighter (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Russia and India and a 5th Gen Fighter
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute - I know you. I remember that name, it's been passed down generations. Impossible. You're one of...THEM!

-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want that South Korean Fighter for X-Mas this year.

Nim, I'll cue that first nove into my endless Book Que O' Doom (I should be up to it by year's end).

Start that thread...or maybe it's time to open the rusty door of the Designs & Creativity forum and make the thread an All Flarite design thread wherein we post our designs from novels or whatever.

Also, seeng images of cookies first thing in the morning is just...wrong.
Now I need to add chcocolate chips I my omlette...

mmmm...choc-embryo-licous. (your word of the day: use it in a conversation at work)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WizartistII: Aah, Viggen. I remember the first time I saw one of those, I was 5 or 6 years old and they had one parked with camouflage nets close to the finish line of a rally track, as SAAB was a main sponsor (Stig Blomquist, in his immortal Audi Quattro, was in that race), and my dad took me and my brother with him, his company co-sponsored one of the teams. Me and my bro walked up and touched the jet and it loomed like a space shuttle over us, two little spuds.

Jason: I heard your comment re: my throwaway nebulon-sketch, I'm working on a companion class to the Hammer now, it'll debut in the new thread.

I'll definitely make the thread in the D&C forum, but it's prolly best if they are kept dedicated. A single thread for flareite ship designs would get a bit jumbled, and artists couldn't talk about their specific thing very freely after four more contribs have come up. Would be like a little duck pond.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim I always thought the Viggen and the Draken were the coolest looking aircraft when I was a kid. Of course, I always wanted the U.S. to build the SCAMP.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Nim
Member # 205

Nice one, Delta wing to the max. Yes, the Draken's always been a seductive design to me, I got a surprise when watching Nicolas Cage's "Firebirds" and seeing one as an enemy jet, first time I'd seen one on film.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Thank you Mars!
That is the opposite of dildo. This mission is succeeding.

Shikaru: One of my favorite space-sim designs.

The Concordia is a pretty badass design but I always thought that the Tigers Claw was such a well put together ship as well. Almost like a battleship/carrier in space.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh- looks too much like an aircraft carrier- very Starblazers.
They need a version with the catapults and hangars on the ventral side- twice the capacity for a minimal artificial variable gravity variation.

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Then you're probably gonna hate this design. I actually like the carrier look of it and I think they translated it well into a "space navy" form.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The fourth carrier of the crosseyed fleet, made eco-friendly from packed compost.
Following the standard practice of camoflguing spaceships as paper models.

Eye-watering textures aside, it's not terrible- just very plain with no real detail or thought in the design-
Do craft take off and land from the same bay? That's going to be one space-collision after another.

Do the fins make it go faster?

That big block one up top- is that the on-board Supermax prison or something?

But hey- nice big skylight. Should help with those clustraphobic crewmen.

It's a flying box with two sub towers on one side.
As a bonus, it's nice and dark in color, so those thrilling landings against the blackness of space.

Huh. I could almost see it as a good space prison design.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've always been partial to ships from Macross myself (but have a special place in my heart for Star Blazers vessels from The Comet Empire)
ARMD Gitmo Uraga though they have too many black holes to make them remotely believable...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.