Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So, Life, and stuff (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: So, Life, and stuff
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Get any metal parts out of it? If so, you can apply for aspecial pass tp skip through airport security- they just do the wand bit."

More importantly, you'd get to call yourself a cyborg.

Naaah. Being a Cyborg would mean having a cybernetic connection to whatever parts got added- I guess only people with a coclear implan or that woman with the camera eye get to really hold that title.
Everyone else is just a sap with manaquin parts.
For now, anyway.

On the plus side (sorta) the wars in Iraq and afghanistan have led to a real technology boom in prosthesis and acceptance of people with them.
A thin fucking silver lining on a very black cloud, but it's something....kinda like telling survivors of the Blitz that rocket technology will one day get us to the Moon and make satelites and GPS and all that crap.

Still...as someone that once seriously looked at a prosthestic leg as an inevitibility, I'm still appaled at how low-tech and inhuman looking they still are.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Liam's married too. I last met up with Joe/Monty about ten years ago; it did go quiet after that as our active posting on here tailed off, and as work took over.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have a photo of that night. I'll try and dig it out.

(I'm not sure whether to be pleased or insulted that people are shocked by me being married by the age of 33. My parents still can't believe that it's to a girl.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not shocked; just that it was news to me.

Relatives of mine were shocked when they heard I was engaged to be married; a cousin phoned to ask whether it was my brother who was to marry rather than me.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps