Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Wolverine (2013)

Author Topic: The Wolverine (2013)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The moment I discovered the new X-Men spinoff and Wolverine vehicle would take inspiration from the original storylines depicting Logan's 1980s' adventures in Japan, I was very excited. X-men and Marvel was not very known or a household name in Sweden during the 80's, except for maybe Spiderman, so getting to read the stuff my brother bought felt very special. Logan's Japan arc and the controversial "Secret Wars" crossover were the first two Marvel storylines I ever read as a kid, it set the bar for me.

Official Wolverine Trailer

To give all this some context, I want to share a snippet of one of the most iconic matchups in Marvel and one of the starkest comic memories of my youth (yes, Silver Samurai will be in the movie)...

-

-

-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Hugh Jackman must really be a mutant- he's more ripped and looks more like the character every movie.

Those old X-Men issues were indeed great- Paul Smith's Wolverine defined the character for me too- something in how his nose looks permanatly broken and how his arms are so hairy.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this takes place after X-Men 3? By the end of Origins, a teenage Cyclops is picked up by Professor X, while the first X-Men movie shows a late 20s aged Cyclops. Giving about a 10 year gap.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I understand it, this movie is setting up the stage for "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and the resurrection of Xavier through his twin. So lots of nice marvelly things to look forward to for the next couple of years.

Here's a chart.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting- they should just make a movie on Greg Pak's war Machine series- but that would be far far far outside what Disney would allow in the theatres...the body count in the first run was higher than all the Punisher issues ever made.

And I WANT TOM JANE AS THE PUNISHER!
Go to Youtube to see a short film with Jane and Ron Pearlman doing the Punisher better than anything ever has been done to anything for any reason ever.
EVER.

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Youre welcome.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.