Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Behold, the impending doom.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Behold, the impending doom....
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..... of taking a driver's test.

Tomorrow at a very early bloody 9:30 in the morning, I shall endeavor to get my driver's license. If I do, i'll be a very happy camper. If I don't, i'll have waisted 36 dollars, and once again dissapointed myself and my parents.

Wish me luck!

------------------
"S`io credessi che mia rispota fosse
A persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
Questa fiamma staria senza piu' scosse.
Ma perciocche` giammai di questo fondo
Non torno` vivo alcun, s`i`odo il vero,
Senza tema d`infamia ti rispondo."

- Dante`

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOOD LUCK! - from a fellow Leaner's-Licence-Lamer!

------------------
Don't you hate it when you can't think of a signature?

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
36 dollars what the hell, Where I live it's like 18 dollars, wow you live in an expensive state.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7 dollars for the test here, then 14 for the license if you pass....

Good luck, Jubes... you'll do fine :-)

~Liz

------------------
The greatest single cause of athiesm in the world today are christians who acknowledge things with their lips and then walk out the door and deny them by their lifestyle.

THAT is what and unbelieving world simply finds Unbelievable.

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here its $5 for either both of them!! thats' outrageous!

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh yes the test. I recall the heart attack I got when the guy told me 'That'll be $170'.

Just imagine how much failing would cost you. *Shudders*.

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Field Marshal Military Project
http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say "knock em dead" but I'll leave it at "Good Luck".

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything is expensive in Connecticut.

------------------
The Molybdenum Home Page

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welp, thanks for all the good wishings...... but it turns out that I failed.

Driving instructors should NOT be allowed to take people out for thier tests when they're PMSing. She got me on a whole bunch of REALLY picky things that wouldn't have mattered anyway. I HATE THIS.
Now I have to reschedule for two weeks ahead and take it again, and pay the 36 dollar exam fee again....

And things are VERY expensive in CT... the license itself costs 44 dollars.

------------------
"S`io credessi che mia rispota fosse
A persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
Questa fiamma staria senza piu' scosse.
Ma perciocche` giammai di questo fondo
Non torno` vivo alcun, s`i`odo il vero,
Senza tema d`infamia ti rispondo."

- Dante`

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of these testers can be utter ****s. My first time, the guy tore up my form when we discovered that my mother had forgotten to bring my birth certificate.

Second time around, I did everything myself, and had a different tester, and things went fine.

If you can, get another tester.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My tester was a woman about 60 years old, very nice, and I had driving school. Scored a 95. lost 5% for inexperince.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go get 'em next time, Jubes!

*hisses at that tester for Jubes*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you have to do, all I had to do is signal correctly, honk my horn, drive in circle, and park. Of Course next year there going add parallel parking. BTW my older brother still failed the test. Finally I sure that no one in my family is ever going have drivers test in my new Car, it's a 95 Sebring, this car has 42,625 miles, is in near perfect interior and exterior, it is just too sweet. And it has V-6 and will do at least a 120. I going to call it, yes the White Star (certainly not the Titanic , wonders how many people will actually get that). Best of all I only paid 12,000 to get it.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grins* My tester was BEYOND cool! A) he didn't have me do half of the test because he didn't feel like it, so I didn't have to back around a corner, change lanes, or do anything except drive around the block and parallel park... Yay! B) I took the entire test going over the speed limit by about 7 miles.. when the tester noticed this, he very almly said to me "What is the speed limit in a residential area like this one" to which I replied "25" and he said "Okay... so haw fast are you going?" And I said "32, sir!" At that point he just started laughing and said "Okay... keep going..."

When we got back to the testing center, he told me I passed with a 96% (Whoo, hoo!) and then went to take my driver's license picture... this is the coolest thing about him: He ekpt retaking my picture until he got one that I looked REALLY good in! Awesome! *L*

I lucked out BIG time... hehehe... all of my other firneds had BAD testers ;-)

~Liz

------------------
The greatest single cause of athiesm in the world today are christians who acknowledge things with their lips and then walk out the door and deny them by their lifestyle.

THAT is what and unbelieving world simply finds Unbelievable.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or is it very odd not to test for parallel-parking abilities?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps