Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Wierd, huh?

Author Topic: Wierd, huh?
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a wierd dream the other day.

It was as if I was inside a movie while it was running. The colors were quite vivid. There was a long dirt road dunning through mountainous terrain, with tall green conifers everywhere but the road itself. Dashing along this road was a red cart, drawn by 2 horses. The cart appeared to be a small version of a horse-drawn fire engine, with a steam engine in the back. One of the two people in the cart was Bob Hope.

The cart came to a chasm where the bridge should have been, and the cart proceeded across the chasm, flying through the air as if the bridge were still there. My point-of-view shifted to the bottom of the chasm, watching the cart cross over on thin air. When the cart reached the other side, the "film" reversed for a moment, then paused, with the cart at the point where it was just about to "land".

Bob Hope fired 2 shots in the air, saying: "I gotta salute my fans! If it weren't for them I couldn't get away with these things!"

Then the cart finished jumping the chasm.

--Baloo

------------------
Life is unfair. Deal with it.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited September 18, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting.

The Bob Hope part means you're insane, though.

------------------
"Recombination, then Viacom; Safeway."
--
Soul Coughing

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been watching Hope films lately?

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think the image is quite appropriate. When my wife left me the first time (same woman) I had no friends and no network of support. I was afraid to call my Mom or sisters because I felt like such a failure.

This time, I realize it's not my fault. It's just the way she is. I have friends and family and a network of support, both emotional and spiritual. I can honestly say I've tried as hard as I can, and that she just decided (at some point) that it was more important to have "fun" and appear to be a big-shot in front of her "friends" than it was to try to make a success out of her marriage.

[Fires 2 shot's in the air.]

That salute's for everyone who's been so supportive. If it wasn't for you I couldn't make it through these things.

--Baloo

P.S.: For all you confused folks who aren't sure what the heck I'm talking about, click here

------------------
Archives are a thing of the past.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps