Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Father Jack (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Father Jack
StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay - you poor people in the USA still dont know who jack is.......

So here we go I have created a Jackorama in MacroMedia Shockwave (yup - worlds first shockwave father Jack site)

Go here

http://members.theglobe.com/shae17/INDEX.HTM

and click on any button you want.

This page does contain minorly offensive language - you have been warned........

Enjoy

------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err...I wouldn't say we are poor for not knowing this guy...fortunate, definitely. Sounds like all he does is shout dirty words to get laughs, and not really have anything else to say. Much like the Tokyo Shouter.

------------------
"That is the exploration that awaits you: Not mapping the stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possiblities of existence." - Q, All Good Things...

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, uh, this Jack fellow is certainly...interesting. Just what show is he from?

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"The first step to a successful revolution is destroying all competing revolutionaries."

IP: Logged
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Father Ted, a really great show that stopped when the guy playing the title role died :[

Jeff-And it is not just what he says that's great (but I must admit it is cheap laughs here), you should see how he sits in his chair, or his facial expressions.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if I want to see somebody sit in a chair and be very VERY funny... I'll watch "Dave Allen At Large."

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feal I must stand up for Goffy here. Father Jack is very funny. And anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

------------------
'Not the sponge, not the sponge!'
-Marty Crane

StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinks for a moment.....

Okay
He is a priest who sits in a chair all the time permanently drunk.
Ted and Dougal play the funny and straight role for most of the time until Jack gets out of his chair and usually throws something, jumps out of the window, or hurles abuse at anything.

Frank Kelly, the guy that plays Jack is an absolute comic genius who may only have no more than 20 words in a show, is sometimes the funniest thing in it - and trust me - Father Ted got loads of comedy awards over its short life span.

It is well worth a look if you get a chance.

Certainly better than Friends or the Larry Sanders Show.......

------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear, this is one comedy from Britian that isn't funny! Cripes...I could shoot father ted! *L*

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh damn! It's rather fun! I like making him say "Drink Big Bras" or "Rats I like cake."

------------------
I'm the only one who understands me, and I ire of my company.
--Paul Cargile

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Actually it's not from Britain..

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DRINK!
FECK!
ARSE!
GIRLS!

------------------
"If it should become necessary to fight, could you arrange to find me some rocks to throw at them"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!

------------------
"To appear in an Ernie Wise play...is the final accolade"
"Look at me and say that"
"Accolade."
"AH-hahaha!"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, from what I heard, I don't feel like I'm missing much.

------------------
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

RW
Member # 27

Father Dougal is very funny too actually, and he doesn't use swear words all the time.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dougal's supposed to be this stupid little guy who couldn't do anything without father Ted Crilly. Dougal's also too mild mannered to go around shouting FECK, ARSE, DRINK, GIRLS.

------------------
"If it should become necessary to fight, could you arrange to find me some rocks to throw at them"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps