Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Can't argue with logic like that...

Author Topic: Can't argue with logic like that...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said pretty much the same thing (about cops. I don't know the Giant Swede):

<Quote>Saturday I went to the post card show with the Giant Swede, because I am a geek. On the way into the hotel parking lot a car cut in front of us, and the driver heaved a beer bottle out the window. It was 11:00 AM. We saw a police car speed up behind and pull the car over in the lot, and as we parked, we debated: did the cop see the beer bottle? Perhaps they should know about it. So we walked over, two Tax-Paying Citizens ready to lend a hand. By the time we got to the squad car, three more cars had converged. Stolen car, it turned out. Two young women led away in handcuffs, arguing and feigning complete ignorance. Does anyone ever think that a protestation of guiltlessness will make the cops take off the cuffs and let you go? Don't these people watch Cops? I've learned many things from Cops: protests get you nowhere; half-truths get you in trouble; everyone who runs from the police says they were scared, and everyone pulled over for drunk driving said they had exactly two beers.</Quote>

Found this at http://www.lileks.com/index.html . Move fast if you want to see the whole article. He changes the content every weekday right after midnight.

--Baloo

------------------
CONSUMER NOTICE:
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.