Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Birth announcement (as done by a male)... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Birth announcement (as done by a male)...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On this day, 26 March 1999 at sometime this morning, my wife's daughter bave birth to twins.

Weights: 6 lbs. and 3 lbs.

Length: The smaller one is 18" (I forgot to ask how big the heavier one was).

Time of birth: sometime between 4:00 AM and noon, or maybe a little later.

Place of Birth: The hospital.

The Father and eldest son (age 3 in 2 days) are doing fine. So's the mother.

Grandma on the other hand...

--Baloo

PS: They are both boys.

------------------
WARNING:
This Product Attracts Every Other Piece of Matter in the Universe, Including the Products of Other Manufacturers, with a Force Proportional to the Product of the Masses and Inversely Proportional to the Distance Between Them.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

------------------
"That is the exploration that awaits you: Not mapping the stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possiblities of existence." - Q, All Good Things...

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe they share this birthday with Leonard Nimoy...

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on Rugrats

Gramps... heh...

Name 'em yet? Hope they don't go all cutesy and do the old "Same first initial" cliche... or worse, rhyme names.. ick!

*is gonna name his as-yet-not-even-possible kid "Sagan."*

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as names go, my vote is "This one" and "That one". I expect to be over-ruled, but at least if they don't like their names I can tell them it could've been worse!

------------------
WARNING:
This Product Attracts Every Other Piece of Matter in the Universe, Including the Products of Other Manufacturers, with a Force Proportional to the Product of the Masses and Inversely Proportional to the Distance Between Them.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Names: Austin Taylor Hawkins and Dillon Andrew Hawkins.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on your recent expansion. I guess things are going to be a bit hectic over the next few years (especially with twins. Good luck!!)

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dillon? Is that even a name?

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Baloo! Hmm, everyone seems to be having babies these days. My chemistry teacher is due any day now, and another science teacher at my school is pregnant also pregnant with twins!

------------------
"A fellow's invented see-through film
He calls it 'cellophane!'
Another has built a parachute
For jumping out of an airplane!

Remarkable things flow endlessly
From out the human brain!
Indeed
And what a remarkable age this is!"
--Titanic: the Musical

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hey, congrats. But it must make you feel old :]

If they need advice on twins you know where to find me ;]

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
enlargeing the herd, cool. Teach them to call you Baloo!!!

------------------
Dramatis Personae

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Ja, I'm the alpha male in this pack. Sadly, I am also the Alpha Geek in this particular crowd. Ever notice you only need to know one or two things more than the other guy to appear smart? In this crowd, it's fairly easy (with regard to computers).

RW: No. Other people having children doesn't make me feel old. Should it?

--Baloo

------------------
HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE:
This Product Contains Minute Electrically Charged Particles Moving at Velocities in Excess of Five Hundred Million Miles Per Hour.

[This message was edited by Baloo on March 27, 1999.]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats - all the best. Just be sure you're not loaded with extra luggage every time the ladies want to go shopping! *L*.

(Hides from possible female persecution for above comment).

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations Baloo!

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If your wife's daughter gets children and you're about as old as your wife that must make you feel old :]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps