Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I nearly fell of my chair laughing at this...

Author Topic: I nearly fell of my chair laughing at this...
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alabama recently elected it's first Republican lieutenant governor this century. Well, fine I say, but apparently the Democrats didn't like the idea of his president pro-tem of the state Senate and attempted to strip Steve Windom of his powers. Well Windom was afraid to leave the floor and the following happened:

"During a marathon session that ended in the compromise, Windom urinated into a jug under his lectern Sunday because he feared being replaced as presiding officer if he left even briefly."

When he did eventually leave to use the restroom he "received applause when he returned, wiping his hands on a paper towel."

Oh my!! LOL!!

I can imagine someone saying...Hey we can't vote, Windom's peein' again.

or

The Democrats offering glass after glass of water to Windom...Another glass of water Mr. President, it's getting mighty warm in here

...and him peein' in a jug.

If you want to read the rest of the story, go
here

------------------
My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

[This message was edited by Jay on March 31, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what a wonderful governmental system we have in this country when an official can be nearly thrown out of office on the sole basis of being in a certain political party...

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"
-Terry Gilliam, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps