Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Sometimes...

Author Topic: Sometimes...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...you don't need a caption.

------------------
CONSUMER NOTICE:
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've seen the cartoons, I even visited the gallery of the absurd (some of which was pretty darn funny, by the way), and now I have to ask...Just how do you find all this stuff? (Perhaps a better question would be why?)

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[gets distant look]

"It's a gift."

Actually, it's a proclivity ( http://www.dictionary.com/ ).

I've been interested in wierd stuff (Go ahead! TRY to think up a better name!) for most of my life. I suppose you get a feel for this stuff after awhile.

Now if only I could find a job that uses my unique talents...?

--Baloo

------------------
CONSUMER NOTICE:
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I know that girl.

Anyway, if we're talking about weird stuff, then I really can't resist...the Time Cube! For the benefit of those who missed it before.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... What exactly is it? Pig lubricant?

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mind boggles.....

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least the pig looks happy.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"The first step to a successful revolution
is destroying all competing revolutionaries."

[This message was edited by LB4747 on March 30, 1999.]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In his position, so would I...

*LOL*

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick! Someone shut the door before the girls come in and see this!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Stops squeaks"?? What the hell is it trying to sell?
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: Time Cube...

Oh, my.

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Like I said, it's pig lubricant. Pigs can squeak, can't they?

But, as for the "penetrate" part... *won't even go there*

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"
-Terry Gilliam, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better keep it of my "Corrosion" website! haha

------------------
The real problem with the United States of America is that is was founded by Europeans, Asians, and Africans.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems I have to forget everything I've heard about political correctness. Now that I have understood what lubricant has to do with pigs, I don't dare to make a suggestion about "*penetrates* and lubricates"

------------------
I know engineers - they love to change things. (McCoy, STTMP)
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

"Penetrating oil" is a common term for light machine oil that is intended for uses such as loosening rusty bolts, quietening squeaky hinges, etc. It's also known as 3-in-one oil (penetrates, quiets, protects), but that might be a copyrighted brand name.

--Baloo

------------------
READ THIS BEFORE OPENING PACKAGE:
According to Certain Suggested Versions of the Grand Unified Theory, the Primary Particles Constituting this Product May Decay to Nothingness Within the Next Four Hundred Million Years.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps