Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My German's a bit rusty...

Author Topic: My German's a bit rusty...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I won an award. Can anyone translate the following?

Deine Homepage bekommt den Rang Lieutenant Commander von Svens StarTrek
Page
verliehen. Wenn Du die Awardgrafik in Deine Homepage einbinden m�chtest,
benutze bitte diesen

Diese Auszeichnung wurde vergeben von Svens StarTrek Page

Vergesse nicht auch die Awardgrafik "online zu bringen" !!

Life long and prosper Sven

------------------
CONSUMER NOTICE:
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

[This message was edited by Baloo on March 31, 1999.]

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your web page was given a rank of Lieutenant Commander by Sven...or something like that

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If you want to include the award image in your homepage, please use this one. This award was given by Sven's star trek page. Don't forget to upload the award image (I think)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"benutze bitte diesen..." There's something missing in this sentence, anyway, my help is not needed this time.

BTW: I love your customer notices!

------------------
I know engineers - they love to change things. (McCoy, STTMP)
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Bernd!

The consumer warnings and advisories you've been seeing under my posts were found on a science website by a friend of mine. The only credit I can claim for them is recognizing that they are funny and taking the time to copy them down.

------------------
ADVISORY:
There is an Extremely Small but Nonzero Chance That, Through a Process Known as "Tunneling," This Product May Spontaneously Disappear from Its Present Location and Reappear at Any Random Place in the Universe, Including Your Neighbor's Domicile. The Manufacturer Will Not Be Responsible for Any Damages or Inconvenience That May Result.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know where you found them, but here's where I had seen them before...

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps