Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » When Monty walked the hills of Merrie England

Author Topic: When Monty walked the hills of Merrie England
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back from my holidays, and in the spirit of forum-as-therapy I shall summarise my travels.

I had a few days in the Lake District. Climbed some hills, looked at some lakes. All very nice, well, except for the clouds and occasional rain.
Whole area looks like Greendale out of "Postman Pat". All little slate walls and narrow roads.
Sweet.

Then I went to visit Reading, which like the rest of the South is at about 10 Celsius higher than Scotland. Blue skies, sunshine...Got sunburn for God's sake!

But I was there on my own to go to an open day at their university. Of course, the universe was going to have its little fun, and threw me a curveball. Who should suddenly turn out to have decided to go as well, but a rather fetching young lady from my class whom I have had my eye on for some time...! I ended up spending quite a bit of time with her during the visit, including a de facto date.

Why am I telling you all this? I don't know really. Perhaps to warn you that the universe possesses a particularly twisted sense of humour. (And also to gloat. That's important too. )

------------------
"I'm sorry I'm late....
I've been irrigating the desert...
Which isn't easy on your own."
- M&W

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feels gloated on.

------------------
Parallax

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Careful, Monty. The Universe tends to collect on its favors. With contiuously compounded interest, usually... :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.