Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Not the Interrogation of Charles Capps... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Not the Interrogation of Charles Capps...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he said the interrogation was over, but we still need a thread in which to post the things that have nothing to do w/ anything... :-)

Now, when we left off, I believe some people were complaining about my rendition of "Magic Carpet Ride"...

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and that one line that someone contradicted, the one that I had as "Fantasy will set you free"... I got that staright from the closed captioning in FC! *L*

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forum Man---

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday(EST That is)
Regular crowd shuffles in,
There's young TSN sittin next to me,
Havin fun with a laugh or grin.

He says "Jeff can you play me a memory,
I'm not sure how it goes,
But its sad and its sweet,
and I knew it complete,
Before Enterforum G closed...

La la la, de de da,
La la, de de da da da.

Let us have fun, you're the Forum man,
Let us have fun, tonight.
Well, we're all in the mood for an interrogation,
But you got us feelin alright.

Now, Charles, at the bar, is a friend of mine,
He gets my links for free,
And Baloo's quick with a joke,
And Sol will light up your smoke,
And there's no place that we'd rather be.

I say, "Friends, I believe this is killing me."
as a smile runs away from my face.
"I'm sure I could have been an interrogator,
If Charles' body, we could replace."

Oh, la la la, de de da,
La la, de de da da da.

Now Lee is our Capcom evangelist,
And Spoiler God if you must,
And he's talking to FrankG,
Champion of EST,
Whose Transformer body might rust.

And First of Two is practicing politics,
His dictatorship skills being honed,
We're sharing Trek in our loniless,
but its better than Trekking alone.

But you got us feelin alright.

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And MaGiC gives us a smile,
Cuz Daryus' curry,
is causing a flurry,
And it's not gonna end for a while.

The Flameboard's alive with discourse,
And people state there views,
They know that here,
No matter how wierd,
Its one place they wouldn't ever lose.

But you got us feelin alright

------------------
"That is the exploration that awaits you: Not mapping the stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possiblities of existence." - Q, All Good Things...

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, TSN> The caption must be wrong. I've listened to the song many many many many times, as it was my first mp3, and plus, Lyrics.ch did say it was "Can't you see".

Now, I'll stand corrected if you can show me another reference proving me wrong.

------------------
"That is the exploration that awaits you: Not mapping the stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possiblities of existence." - Q, All Good Things...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, these two links (1, 2) both have what I had, but they both screwed up the first verse, so I won't say that they can be trusted implicitly.

I'll see if I can make a WAV of that line from the MP3 that I have. I'm listening to it right now, and I'm still convinced it's "fantasy". That's what I thought it was even before I knew what the "set you free" part was. I got that from FC. All I knew before was that it was "Fantasy will blah blah blah"... :-)

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Jeff, how come I wasn't mentioned in your song!? I'm the master of interrogation now! I feel like I've been piffled with.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Oh, pleh, I couldn't fit everyone in, sheesh. I did what I could. If you aren't mentioned, come up with your own version....

------------------

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim: We were complaining about your singing full stop. ....and comparing it to Celine Dion.

------------------
"If it should become necessary to fight, could you arrange to find me some rocks to throw at them"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

*shoots Orion*

Okay, anyway... *grin*

Alright, here is a WAV of that "fantasy" line. I'll let everyone decide for themselves. Careful, though, it's 365kB.

Oh, and I also listened to a live version of the song, and it, too, sounds like "fantasy"...

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Hmmm....now that you mention it... I think it could go either way, but you know what Heisenburg said...the outcomes sometimes reflect what you are looking for. If one tries to hear "Fantasy", then I think that is what they'll here...and so the same for "Can't you see".

It is hard to tell cuz steppenwolfe tends to mumble. So, I say it could be either, and lets leave it at that.

------------------

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice song Jeff, I think I like it better than billy's.

------------------
Dramatis Personae

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rated a mention in a song! WHEEE!
Joy of joys, someone has finally recognized my superior talents! I can just..
Waitaminnit...
Oh-my-gawd.. am I becoming... a regular? Am I.. a familiar face?

*checks face*

*finds nothing familiar*

*whew!*

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Lmao*

Speaking of which, those lyrics fit quite well with the tune! Yeeha! (Please, no encores!).

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is still miffed at being excluded from Jeff Raven's song*

Yeah, I hold a grudge.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

>:-�
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps