Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What the *censored* am I doing here?

Author Topic: What the *censored* am I doing here?
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never used a bulletin board/forum thingy in my life. So what am I doing using one now? ...

Well it's come to my attention that A: bulletin boards/forums are apparently fun things where you share info with other people. and B: you can put stuff here and people around the world may be curious enough to read it!

And I was bored as hell. I'll admit it. I was attracted by yet another internet gadget that I can have, and play with.

WHY do we do this to ourselves?...Consider.. do you need ICQ, AND AIM, AND the PowWow pager, AND the Yahoo Pager, AND etc, etc, addendum? Do you NEED to be a member of 60 different forums, millions of chat rooms, and multiple gaming zones?

Currently I am testing the limits of netscape with 3 browser windows, two of wich are chats. I have two different paging systems going, my own webserver up, and had just shut off mIRC so that I could concentrate on this.

Wanna know how many of these i'm actually, conciously, using? 2, maybe.

Is it because we have no lives? .... *frowns* Well, I guess I don't. But anyway, WHY do we do this? Why do we need all this Net stuff? ... is it because we're greedy? Is it because we're bored as hell and have no lives?
Someone tell me, i'm dying to know.

Oh.. and btw, *shakes everyone's hands* Niced to meet ya (since i'm new).

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy it here.

Why do we need all this net stuff?

Well, *I* need it to keep my sanity. These forums, the chats, etc. are the one way I feel comfortable expressing myself. I'm probably the quietest, most unsociable person anyone here will ever meet -- getting a word out of me is like pulling teeth. Yet, I'll gladly commit to writing the first thought out of my head for anyone to read. Strange, isn't it?

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
- "For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain."

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to our humble abode, Jubes. And, yes, it is because we have no lives. :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only limit myself to ICQ. I don't the patience to deal with too many people.

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Tim, if you just gave up and said 'next year is the start of the new millenium' then things might improve for you.

Seriously, Jubes has infused the forums with a much needed shot in the arm (er, infused, shot in the arm, does that hold) of new blood and slight excentricity.

Now, who gets to be the first to tell her about Monty's nickname?

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*does bad Sally Field impression* "And I just can't get over the fact that ..... You LIKE me... you REALLY LIKE ME!!!! *sob*"

Hey thanks Liam .... been reading over the posts and think your mind is just as diseased as mine is. Wanna meet for coffee sometime? *grin*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you happen to live near London, sure...

Which I think is extremely unlikely.

And if yo uthink my mind is dirty, just you wait until Monty starts showing you his foxiness in all its glory.

------------------
-Hank Hill

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy, nice to meet you, I'm leaving before it gets to Foxy in here.

------------------
Parallax

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh deary me - there's only one way to prevent the inevitable........turn off the modem!

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Where is Monty anyway? He seems to have been a bit quiet recently.

Or am I just really unobservant.

BTW Jubes, did you actualy type in a rude word and someone censored it in the thread, or did you type in *censored*?

------------------
-Hank Hill

Jubilee
Member # 99

Liam: I typed in *censored* .... however, you may be creative with what would have been there, if you wish. *grin*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truly creative author knows that what the audience imagines you have implied will be far more lurid than anything you could possibly map out in exhaustive detail.

Then there are those who can't imagine anything more lurid than a ball of mud. Don't worry -- that sort never buys books (that don't require crayons).

------------------

HEALTH WARNING:
Care Should Be Taken When Lifting This Product, Since Its Mass, and Thus Its Weight, Is Dependent on Its Velocity Relative to the User.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Jubilee.
This is the best place to be: This is the fORUM!

I see my reputation has been preceding me. In answer to PsyLiam's query, I have been on holiday. I should be around more often now.....I hope!
(See Flameboard for full story)

------------------
"I'm sorry I'm late....
I've been irrigating the desert...
Which isn't easy on your own."
- M&W

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps